Media Dillashaw number one contender fight in the works.

#1 Contender Fair or Not?

• Total voters
Sandhagen

Yes, unless the thinking is that Sandhagen is already in line for the winner of this weekend’s title fight, and the winner of TJ’s fight would slot in at #4 (which is possible, Dana isn’t always perfectly precise in the wording he chooses), it’s gotta be Sandhagen. Great fight, but I would lean towards Sandhagen. He’s on fire, the length is a problem, and while TJ in theory has the takedown ability he’s really become a striker in recent years. Really, really difficult return fight and I think TJ would be better off asking for Aldo, Edgar, Munhoz or something like that.

It better be Font or Sandhagen.
Or a surprise fight with Cejudo would be nice.

I’m a Killashaw fan, but that’s a monumental task for TJ... a return fight for an aging Vet after a 2 year hiatus, if it’s Sandgagen, TJ is phucked

It’s 100% going to be Sandman. Might as well make that shit official. I’ve got Cory by domination.

Only thing is that in a little over 48 hours Sandhagen will be the number one contender. Barring something controversial, they’ll be able to book the next bantamweight title fight for this summer starting next week. If they’re just working on TJ now, that could mean he fights when, maybe May or June? That could put him in line to be the backup for the title fight and then slot in against the winner. Personally I would prefer that, but I won’t argue with TJ vs Sandhagen either.

tenor.gif

Back