I hope Francis beats Stipe then loses to him in the next fight

Reyes Lost

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I say this because after watching Joe Rogan's filming of his podcast with Francis as his guest and seeing where he came from, he deserves to call himself a UFC champion, its a heart warming story that tells a person it doesnt matter where you come from your dreams can come true but the truth is, he's bad for the sport. His boxing isn't good his wrestling isn't good and him defeating a fighter like stipe off being a sheer force of a human being isn't good for the integrity of MMA.

If Francis beats stipe and goes on a long winning streak what message would that send? Stipe is currently the best heavyweight and the only one who has been shown to compete with him is the recently retired Daniel Cormier. Some super human fighter with no good boxing no good wrestling comming in and beating him like he's beaten everyone else. It should only be allowed to happen if stipe gets a rematch right after and wins the belt back.

Let's be real Francis is not a Mike Tyson, not even close, Tyson is arguably the most technically sound heavyweight in boxing history. Francis is an ally brawler who hits hard. There is no comparison. Tyson had boxing fundamentals down to second nature, Ngannou said fuck all.

Clifs: Francis story is good for pop culture, but him knocking out stipe isn't good for MMA.

Last edited:
If Francis is active, defending titles and put on good fights, that's actually really good for MMA, especially in a HW division that's lost a lot of its lustre from the Pride heyday

Also it takes more than just brawling to knock out Blaydes, Cain, JDS and Rozenstruick in less than 3 minutes combined

If Francis is active, defending titles and put on good fights, that's actually really good for MMA, especially in a HW division that's lost a lot of its lustre from the Pride heyday

Also it takes more than just brawling to knock out Blaydes, Cain, JDS and Rozenstruick in less than 3 minutes combined
Francis has already beaten everyone else besides stipe by knocking them out, its not like he outclassed them or showed many mma feats besides raw power and aggression.

All his title defences would basically be rematches.

HW title gets defended at best once a year. It's sad. UFC puts a lot of marketing in the other divisions, but barely in the HW division with the idea that that division will sell itself.

It's a business decision. If the HW division is great (& greatly promoted), it overshadows the other divisions. Leaving less money making opportunities.

You havent a single clue as to what your complaining about young man.

A sob story “deserves” to be UFC Champion?

What’s going on with MMA?

<KingstonFrown>
Sob story? LMFAO, This dude came from nothing, in a place where the youth couldn't even IMAGINE their dreams comming true to contending for world titles on the biggest stage in mixed martial arts. Thats not a sob story thats breaking down barriers.

You havent a single clue as to what your complaining about young man.
Not complaining simply saying I want Francis to win a qorld title then lose it as he makes mma look bad.

Sob story? LMFAO, This dude came from nothing, in a place where the youth couldn't even IMAGINE their dreams comming true to contending for world titles on the biggest stage in mixed martial arts. Thats not a sob story thats breaking down barriers.

Okay new rule: EVERYONE who grows up in a third world country deserves to be Champ.

<{yahyou}>

This thread is just.... Why? "I hope he wins because I heard what he had to go through to get where he is but then I hope Stipe beats him in the third fight because he's sloppy and bad for MMA!" There have been several boxing champs that were considered super sloppy, it's more of a reflection on heavyweight than MMA as a whole. The thing is that there really aren't too many actually heavyweight sized people with great technique, cardio, etc.. A lot of champs have been nowhere close to the weight limit because once you get that heavy you're either fat as hell, as tall as Stefan Struve or on a ton of roids.

He has ridiculous power and his technique isn't as bad as you think. Plus considering he's been hanging around with a lot of people in the boxing scene lately, he might look much sharper. My only concern is that even till this day he seems more focused on boxing, sad when the scariest MMA fighter on the planet who has insane power and crazy potential still doesn't seem to have a high opinion of MMA. He wants to be a boxer but MMA was a quicker way to get money. He didn't fall in love with it either, sounds like he'd still much rather be a boxer.

i've actually heard francis is not a good person at all. apparently he was trained for free by his coaches for years and when they finally asked him for money he left to a different coach... that's despicable...

I don’t feel sorry for Ngannou.

His explosive style is going to keep him in the division and cashing huge paychecks for as long as he wants. Previous UFC champs would be jealous of his natural marketability.

i've actually heard francis is not a good person at all. apparently he was trained for free by his coaches for years and when they finally asked him for money he left to a different coach... that's despicable...

I hope that’s not true.

If Francis wins the belt his next fight is against Jon Jones, not Stipe

Sorry, TS

If anything, get emotional about his opponents if you’re going to tap into your feminine side.

Cain was old
JDS was old
I think a prime Cain would destroy Ngannou

He’s beaten a lot of these guys on fear alone. It looks like JDS gave up in the middle of the fight

The sequence of strikes in the Rosen strike fight was ridiculous
Effective but holy hell that was ridiculous

Back