Carla Esparza to get title shot vs Zhang?

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As far as I know, this hasn't been mentioned here yet but it looks like the UFC is about to announce this fight any day now. My wife used to work at Coach Oyama's gym in Irvine with her boss, Bill Kessler, The OC Fight Doc & she's still friends with Carla so she has good contacts that told her last night that the fight has been made. They just can't mention anything officially yet until the UFC brass announces it.

Obviously, Carla's going to be a big underdog to Zhang but I think if she's able to use her wrestling & take the fight to the ground she'll surprise many with how competitive she'll be. I'm not saying she'll regain the title but I believe she'll give a very good account of herself.

I thought Rose was getting the title fight and Carla was fighting Yan Xiaonan?
Apparently Rose is being difficult & that may no longer be the case.

From what my wife was told Carla's getting the shot instead. But you know how these things go, what seemed like a done deal last night could change later today. All that's set in stone is that Carla's fighting someone very soon. And an announcement is pending.

Apparently Rose is being difficult & that may no longer be the case.

From what my wife was told Carla's getting the shot instead. But you know how these things go, what seemed like a done deal last night could change later today. All that's set in stone is that Carla's fighting someone very soon. And an announcement is pending.

Yeah, I figured they were going to do Zhang Vs Rose and then Yan Vs Carla for #1 contender on the same card, then probably hoping that they can do the big China Vs China fight.

Whatever. If Rose doesn’t want to, or can’t fight let’s move on. For a healthy champ to sit for a year after a FOTY performance is horrible asset mgmt by the UFC.

I can’t even really remember the last time anybody in the top 7 or so in that division even fought. It seems like a really long time. I guess Rose vs Andrade would be the last top 5 fight.

As far as I know, this hasn't been mentioned here yet but it looks like the UFC is about to announce this fight any day now. My wife used to work at Coach Oyama's gym in Irvine with her boss, Bill Kessler, The OC Fight Doc & she's still friends with Carla so she has good contacts that told her last night that the fight has been made. They just can't mention anything officially yet until the UFC brass announces it.

Obviously, Carla's going to be a big underdog to Zhang but I think if she's able to use her wrestling & take the fight to the ground she'll surprise many with how competitive she'll be. I'm not saying she'll regain the title but I believe she'll give a very good account of herself.
Rose is fighting Zhang, dude. Carla is just the backup in case the fight falls through, and frankly I think she gets massacred by both. Carla stands little chance against either, especially Zhang.

https://globoesporte.globo.com/comb...m-singapura-ultimate-opta-por-las-vegas.ghtml

Without agreement to perform UFC 261 in Singapore, UFC settles for Las Vegas

Organization tried to schedule the April 24th event in Asia, but negotiation with with the Singaporean government fizzled amongst COVID-19 protocols and the promotion turned to their home base of Las Vegas.

UFC was in negotiations with the Singapore government to host UFC 261 on April 24 at the venue. However, Combate.com found that the conversations have not evolved and the company will hold the card in Las Vegas (USA). The idea of making the event in Asia had as main plan to have the strawweight champion (up to 52kg) Weili Zhang defending her belt.

Although the card will take place in the United States, the report also found that the UFC still plans to have Zhang compete at the event. The organization is negotiating for her to face Rose Namajunas on this date. If there is no agreement with the former champion, Carla Esparza is plan B, but the initial idea is that Esparza will face another Chinese on the same day: Yan Xiaonan.

Assuming Rose can't or won't fight, I guess Carla is next up?
I don't think rose wants to fight for the belt. When she lost, she said she was relieved and it was a huge pressure of her shoulders. Ufc even admitted rose didn't want it and then Pat denied it to save face. They have been trying to convince her for a while now. It's been a year since weili fought and 10 months since Rose. It's time to let it go, she won't fight weili.

I don't think rose wants to fight for the belt. When she lost, she said she was relieved and it was a huge pressure of her shoulders. Ufc even admitted rose didn't want it and then Pat denied it to save face. They have been trying to convince her for a while now. It's been a year since weili fought and 10 months since Rose. It's time to let it go, she won't fight weili.
Dude, Pat didn't deny just deny it, Rose did too.

Dude, Pat didn't deny just deny it, Rose did too.
Rose does anything that pat says though. Look at her interview with Rogan. She looked like one of those submissive housewives that agree and do everything their husbands tell them too. Obviously they denied it, it made them look really bad.

where is this leak?

Someone posted it in the womens discussion thread, there was a picture on Rose's IG of her with the tagline "West" and one on Zhang's with the tagline "East" posted at the same time, but they got taken down.

Zhang is not going up for champ champ status?

k3oclTP.gif

Back