Where is the hot prospect Sergei Pavlovich?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guy was the hottest prospect outside of the UFC. 6'3 260 lbs, 84" reach, fast, 12-0 with 9 KOs. He lost his UFC debut to Overeem, but has won every fight since then. Now he's 14-1.

Except he didn't fight at all in 2020. He last fought in October 2019. Now, it's 2021. There aren't even rumors of an upcoming fight.

Where is Sergei?

Last edited:
I remember he had to pull out against Gane in 2020 due to surgery

He had knee surgery which went well, he then had rehab process and he's back to training.
Good to hear. He has more upside potential than 99% of prospects. So, he adds a little bit of excitement to whatever card he's on because you want to find out just how good he is. He might be a future champion, he might not be; finding out is fun to watch. Even if he's not, he's always in exciting fights. When's he expecting to fight next?

Good to hear. He has more upside potential than 99% of prospects. So, he adds a little bit of excitement to whatever card he's on because you want to find out just how good he is. He might be a future champion, he might not be; finding out is fun to watch. Even if he's not, he's always in exciting fights. When's he expecting to fight next?
No date is yet set, he's still finishing recovery process. I bet he posts it in his IG when he gets the contract.

That sounds like the Russian version of "gone fishing".
Russian version of gone fishing is gone fishing, lol. You catch fish, make Ukha from it (fish+veggies soup) and eat it while drinking copious amounts of vodka which you in advance cool in a cold stream.

Last edited:
I remember being very worried for Overeem in that fight. Reem got it done though.
I'd like to see Pavlovich vs Boser.

In one of his last interviews, Abdulmanap said Pavlovich was definitely one of the up and coming fighters to watch. Believe in Fathers Plan.

Been getting anxious waiting for a new fight from him as well.

He is only the second hottest prospect behind Mike 'The Truth' Jackson

I wanted to make some sort of joke about a bell and dogs drooling but I couldn't think of anything.

I wanted to make some sort of joke about a bell and dogs drooling but I couldn't think of anything.
Yeah, I had the sergei = sir gay jokes too. I deleted them out of respect because we actually got a real guy that seems like he's from his camp. This turned into a legit thread.

He is learning the Interlocking Fish Smash to obliterate the HW division.

He's definitely one of the best prospects in the division. It really depends on his timeline, but as he's been out for so long he's probably gonna have to almost start afresh, against a mid-tier guy coming off a win. Someone like Carlos Felipe would be ideal, or Sergey Spivac.

Back