Ngannou vs Jones

the white beast

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
The chances are now at least 50% that Ngannou will fight Jones at some point at hw.
What's your call if Ngannou gets the hw title and fights Jones next?

Ngannou get wrestled until his cardio is gone then gnp.

Jones backing up linearly everytime an opponent puts together a combo is not a good sign. Ngannou by KO

giphy.gif

The chances are now at least 50% that Ngannou will fight Jones at some point at hw.
What's your call if Ngannou gets the hw title and fights Jones next?

- Jones doesn't have the power to keep Ngannou away. Stipe and Lewis did. You have to outbox Ngannou FIRST before outwrestling him. This is why Cain and Blaydes failed.

- Ngannou nearly matches Jones in reach

- Jones' wrestling has clearly deteriorated over the years. He's sadly not the god-tier wrestler he used to be.

The only way Jones wins is if he has the chin of prime Hunt or Nelson... which he may haha.

Reactions: JKS
stipe ate frank's punches and didn't go down
stipe ate DC's punch and fell flat
jon ate DC's punches and didn't flinch.

It will go the same way as Stipe vs Ngannou 1.

Jon ate strikes from Gus, DC and Reyes and took them like a champ. Jon was stronger than Stipe at LHW so the "logic" that HW = stronger than all LHWs is just dumb.
Jon himself might be stupid but the team behind him definitely isn't. If you think they're going to have him stand and bang with Ngannou, especially in the first round, you're an idiot. Also keep in mind that while Reyes did land solid shots on Jones, he missed A LOT. Jones knows how to be evasive and utilise his reach/distance.

I can't see Bones lasting a rd unless he gets it to the ground.

Ngannou rd 1 ko

I've said it from the the beginning, Francis will knock him out cold. People who think Jon will win via the Stipe plan and using his superior skill are in for a rude awakening. Jon will not take him down, Jon will not be able to land anything damaging standing. Francis will walk through him and land a big shot and lights out.

Guys like Reyes, Gus, and Santos land on Jones. Francis with way more power and about 30 lbs will leave him out cold.

LOL, Jon couldn't even do that to Reyes or Satnos anymore. He's not getting Francis down who's way bigger and stronger.

Pretty much this.

FWIW, I do believe Jones has a path to outwrestling Stipe, though.

Leg kicks -> weaken the legs -> go for TDs

Stipe is unfortunately pretty easy to leg kick. DC did it plently to him, and JDS did it so effectively in their rematch that Stipe was forced to go for the finish early... which he then got in R1 haha.

Jones did this masterfully in the Gus rematch. I just don't think this would work on Ngannou, though. If anything, Francis might try this plan on Jones to slow his movement.

Reactions: JKS
LOL, Jon couldn't even do that to Reyes or Satnos anymore. He's not getting Francis down who's way bigger and stronger.

Of course he will. But I must admit its adorable how you refer to him as Francis

If Jones had to face a fresh Ngannou every round I think he would eventually eat one and go to sleep. Jones probably beats him with cardio and a boring Jack/Wink gameplan.

For all the people who post the Stipe TDs against Ngannou I respond in kind.

giphy.gif

Jones couldn't takedown Reyes nor Santos yet he's going to magically do so against Ngannou. If it were that easy to wrestle him then Curtis Blaydes wouldn't be 0-2 against Ngannou.

Ngannou has only ever KOd scrubs and geriatric's with shot chins.

The average fight time across his last 4 wins was 40 seconds each.. that includes JDS and Cain.. regardless of them being shot, that's impressive.

Back