Rumored Dustin Poirier wants Charles Oliveira, Oliveira responds.

Azazyah

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Dustin Poirier wants Charles Oliveira to get the next title shot over Justin Gaethje
"UFC 257 is the pay-per-view that belonged to Dustin Poirier. The Diamond avenged his loss to Conor McGregor from six years ago and defeated The Notorious One stunningly to hand the Irishman his first TKO loss ever.

In the post-fight press conference, Dustin Poirier was asked about what's lined up for him from here onwards. While it is likely that UFC will book him in a lightweight title fight against Michael Chandler, The Diamond believes that it should Charles Oliveira, who deserves to get the recognition."

Charles Oliveira responds to Dustin Poirier's UFC 257 post-fight praise: 'Let's do it'
"Unlike some of his lightweight contender counterparts, Charles Oliveira stayed respectful following the conclusion of UFC 257.

Oliveira (30-8 MMA, 18-8 UFC), who currently rides an eight-fight winning streak, wasted no time congratulating Dustin Poirier (27-6 MMA, 20-6 UFC) for his main event victory over Conor McGregor on Saturday in Abu Dhabi.

First in Portuguese, and then in English, Oliveira sent out back-to-back tweets praising Poirier’s performance.

“Congrats man,” Poirier wrote. “Great victory.”

In a third tweet, Oliveira congratulated Poirier once again, but this time, expressed interest in a matchup against him in the near future.

“I hope to see you soon, @DustinPoirier,” Oliveira wrote. “Once again congrats (on) last night’s performance. Hard work pays off, and you delivered. Let’s do it.”

I like this match I'm down.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I hope khabib either announces a return or drops the belt so the division gets rolling again

God I hope this fight happens.
So sick of the money fight BS.
I just wanna see the best vs the best.

Dustin vs Do Bronx for the belt
Chandler vs Gaethje for no. 1 contender
Conor vs Tony
Hooker vs RDA

Bonus:
Dariush vs Ferreira
Paul Felder vs Kevin Lee

Last edited:
Poirier said in the post fight press conference:

-Hes interested in rematch with Conor

-Hes interested in fighting Diaz

-Chandler should fight Oliveira

-Oliveira is more deserving than Gaethje

-But let Gaethje fight Oliveira

-There are so many tough fighters in 155 division

-Right now he doesnt know yet (whos next), he wants to go home and see

I havent heard an explicit statement of him saying Oliveira is next. If you combine all his statements, you will understand it doesnt look good for us fans.....

Thats the fight. Glad Dustin is still pushing in the right direction. Fuck the rematch, fuck Nate, fuck all that BS.

Conor vs Tony
Hooker vs RDA
that lineup is the right lineup imo.

Conor vs Tony
Hooker vs RDA
yo, imagine that as a whole fight card.

Dustin Poirier wants Charles Oliveira to get the next title shot over Justin Gaethje
"UFC 257 is the pay-per-view that belonged to Dustin Poirier. The Diamond avenged his loss to Conor McGregor from six years ago and defeated The Notorious One stunningly to hand the Irishman his first TKO loss ever.

In the post-fight press conference, Dustin Poirier was asked about what's lined up for him from here onwards. While it is likely that UFC will book him in a lightweight title fight against Michael Chandler, The Diamond believes that it should Charles Oliveira, who deserves to get the recognition."

Charles Oliveira responds to Dustin Poirier's UFC 257 post-fight praise: 'Let's do it'
"Unlike some of his lightweight contender counterparts, Charles Oliveira stayed respectful following the conclusion of UFC 257.

Oliveira (30-8 MMA, 18-8 UFC), who currently rides an eight-fight winning streak, wasted no time congratulating Dustin Poirier (27-6 MMA, 20-6 UFC) for his main event victory over Conor McGregor on Saturday in Abu Dhabi.

First in Portuguese, and then in English, Oliveira sent out back-to-back tweets praising Poirier’s performance.

“Congrats man,” Poirier wrote. “Great victory.”

In a third tweet, Oliveira congratulated Poirier once again, but this time, expressed interest in a matchup against him in the near future.

“I hope to see you soon, @DustinPoirier,” Oliveira wrote. “Once again congrats (on) last night’s performance. Hard work pays off, and you delivered. Let’s do it.”

I like this match I'm down.
I'd prefer Dustin vs Chandler but i'm ok with Oliveira getting his shot. They could run Chandler vs Gaethje in a couple of months. Chandler didn't break a sweat against Hooker and Gaethje didn't take much damage from Khabib. Book it Dana!

Conor vs Tony
Hooker vs RDA

Bonus:
Dariush vs Ferreira
Paul Felder vs Kevin Lee

Absolutely perfect matchmaking!

If I could change anything, I would replace Hooker with Islam Makhachev, and do him vs RDA instead. I think Dan Hooker could/should take some time off.

They should matchup all the available top lightweights for a LW only main card PPV. Showcase the best talent and let it be sorted out in front of the fans. It would do very, very well money wise if they promoted it correctly. Now is the time to do this.

Absolutely perfect matchmaking!

If I could change anything, I would replace Hooker with Islam Makhachev, and do him vs RDA instead. I think Dan Hooker could/should take some time off.
I agree that Hooker needs some time off and possibly an easier matchup when he does return.

RDA vs the winner of Makhachev-Dober could be good. Not sure if RDA wants to wait that long though. I wouldn't mind seeing RDA against Chandler or Gaethje depending on how other top-5 fighters get booked.

Back