Conor McGregor vs Tony Fergueson

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Both experienced an upset loss against opponents who fans thought had no chance of winning. Now they are both very good fighters but their current record does not reflect how good they are. Right now both are going through a stutter step.

I think it is a great match up and they are still very amazing fighters despite their setbacks. I favor Conor winning by TKO in early rounds but Tony can win with ground and pound methods in the later rounds if he can out wrestle him and drag him to the ground.

Who is favored to win?

Conor smokes that last version of Tony we saw

it honestly would be a great matchup !!

unfortunately it would be devistating to each others career !!

but as a man in the sport you would totally gain my respect for just taking the challenge and seeing who is "the better man"

glad these guys are loving the sport and getting back to their roots !!

Big respect for Conor everything else aside for taking the fight against Dustin

Makes sense. I'm all for any Conor match up as long as it's not Doositn again or Oliveira for the belt.

Conor vs RDA/Gaethje/Tony/Nate 3 - I'm down with all.

oh and i think tony's ground is overrated and conor would def be fine defending against it

the standup battle would be awesome and sure be a lightweight war

Justin's brutalization was a rare occasion the sport graces its roots and shows you just how raw this can be

Much respect to Tony for taking the fight and just hanging in as long as he could

Tony is shot man.

If he can survive the first round or survive it while doing some damage like Dustin did, he has his chances but I would think a back to back camp Conor beats the tony we have seen in last two fights.

Conor smokes that last version of Tony we saw

Agreed...

I think Conor can beat Tony as well.

Not taking anything away from Tony, he has a chance by tiring Conor out and submitting him.

However, Tony is so hittable and Justin took a part of his soul in that last fight.

I think this is a very winnable fight for Conor.

Tony gets destroyed. He was beyond washed against charles, at least conor looked decent on the feet and won a round

In a 5 round fight it could go either way. Tho Tony was finished by Gaethje, it took Gaethje 5 rounds to do it, and Ton'y wasn't KO'd. And Conor can't grapple like Charles. There is that chance that Tony can put the pressure on Conor from rounds 3 and up. But maybe Conor can fully crack that chin. hence it's a 50-50 fight tho I'd lean towards conor if i had to choose

I think a prime 2016-17 Tony would have eaten Conor’s best and melted him late. I would favor Conor today, but if Tony still has his durability, Conor might be up shit creek if it goes beyond the 2nd. This fight should have happened in 2017 honestly, but I’d still watch it today I guess. I honestly want Tony to retire though or take a step back in comp. I feel like he is pretty washed up at this point.

I'll take Tony all day. He's still got a great chin and great cardio. I know that the narrative that "if Tony can get x fighter into round 3 his cardio will take over" hasn't been holding up so true the last couple of fights, but I for sure think it would in this fight. Definitely think Conor would probably already be starting to tire by the third...especially based off his fight vs Dustin.

Also-Gaethje broke Ferguson's legs down pretty good. And against Charles, Tony couldn't find his rhythm. We all know Tony takes a round or so to get warmed up but he couldn't get warmed up because he just got taken down lol never found his groove. Conor might be a bit easier for Ferguson to get in a groove against because Conor is more one-dimensional. Ferguson has been knocked down/outclassed by a southpaw before tho (many years ago vs Johnson) so that left hand is obviously a worry but just can't see Conor as likely to finish Tony within 2. Just look at the bombs Gaethje was hitting him with and it took 5 rounds.

Edit: WTF happened to all my god damn likes received lmao, this is a farce!!!! My opinions aren't quiteee that lame.

Last edited:
I am of the opinion that Tony a few years back would have beaten Connor but current Tony I really don’t know. He’s old, has LOTS of miles, and his mental health came into question recently

Connor doesn't stand a chance against Turd Ferguson.

I wanna see it. Not sure if Tony’s chin could with stand being that he gets hit and dropped by less accurate strikers

If he lasts into round 3 he wins

This is definitely the matchup to make.
I think McGregor takes it but you never know with Tony.

Both experienced an upset loss against opponents who fans thought had no chance of winning. Now they are both very good fighters but their current record does not reflect how good they are. Right now both are going through a stutter step.

I think it is a great match up and they are still very amazing fighters despite their setbacks. I favor Conor winning by TKO in early rounds but Tony can win with ground and pound methods in the later rounds if he can out wrestle him and drag him to the ground.

Who is favored to win?

conor never wanted tony that why they didnt fight years ago.

Back