The reason Hooker got dropped was the same reason Verdoom got dropped when u don’t have a base...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
To stand on then u can’t brace for the shots! Chandler hits hard but Hooker didn’t use his length and reach to keep the shorter man at a distance. We will see if Chandler can do the same to Dustin or Justin and if he does then he is the one but I think he will get KO’d by these 2 since they know how to punch back hard, what do u think?

I think Hooker can beat Chandler. I’d say 6-7 out of 10 fights.

However, I feel Dan had not fully recovered from the war between him and Dustin and was very timid in the early part of the fight.

Mike just capitalized on that and caught him off guard.

I guess we will really see these next few fights just how good Michael Chandler really is. I’m still on the fence about his “greatness”.

I think your thread confuses me.

Care to explain a bit more clearly what you mean by it?

I think there’s only one way to find out. But I fear Dustin has now become a diva since he beat Colin so we might never get to see it.

To stand on then u can’t brace for the shots! Chandler hits hard but Hooker didn’t use his length and reach to keep the shorter man at a distance. We will see if Chandler can do the same to Dustin or Justin and if he does then he is the one but I think he will get KO’d by these 2 since they know how to punch back hard, what do u think?

Dustin has too much confidence right now. he’s not going to fight scared like hooker did. He’s not going to get caught with his hands down either. His defense is better than that.

I think your thread confuses me.

Care to explain a bit more clearly what you mean by it?
When u r running backwards and get hit all the power goes to ur face only because u can’t tighten your body and neck and tuck them in so only ur face and head get the impact fully

I think Hooker can beat Chandler. I’d say 6-7 out of 10 fights.

However, I feel Dan had not fully recovered from the war between him and Dustin and was very timid in the early part of the fight.

Mike just capitalized on that and caught him off guard.

I guess we will really see these next few fights just how good Michael Chandler really is. I’m still on the fence about his “greatness”.
Lol, sure dude. Chandler destroyed Hooker, and now Hooker beats him in 6/10 times?

Chandler beats Hooker 9/10 times. If not via KO, via Sub.

When u r running backwards and get hit all the power goes to ur face only because u can’t tighten your body and neck and tuck them in so only ur face and head get the impact fully
That plays a role but isn't always the reason for getting KO. Lots of movement/footwork based fighters get hit moving back wards and don't drop. This particular punch is probably due more to Hooker trying to circle out to his right and he actually moved towards Chandlers punch instead of moving away from it. So his body weight moved towards the punch instead of away from the punch and that added more power to the overall punch.

You can see it clearly on this clip, he's trying to circle right the whole time and got caught by Chandlers step in left hook.
EmbellishedEmptyChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

That plays a role but isn't always the reason for getting KO. Lots of movement/footwork based fighters get hit moving back wards and don't drop. This particular punch is probably due more to Hooker trying to circle out to his right and he actually moved towards Chandlers punch instead of moving away from it. So his body weight moved towards the punch instead of away from the punch and that added more power to the overall punch.
It definitely contributed so I agree with that too

Chandler is just explosive. He timed it right, he punched behind hooker’s head because hooker’s movement was predictable.

“Didnt use his length and reach to keep him at distance”

Vague opinion TS, stop being lazy & tell us what Hooker did wrong

You can see it clearly on this clip, he's trying to circle right the whole time and got caught by Chandlers step in left hook.
EmbellishedEmptyChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Its just good offence by Chandler, setting him up with the right and also moving forward well whilst keeping his head off axis.

Dare I say it but "Fedoresque"?

Last edited:
Back