Why didn't Conor go into wrestling?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor's heart clearly isn't in fighting anymore but he loved being Notorious. He could have been Notorious forever if he went to wrestling. Matt Riddle made the transition. If he can do it, Conor can do it. Conor has a bigger name, and he was born for that shit. "I'd like to take this chance to apologize... for absolutely nothin'!!" Iconic. Genius shit. Fur coats and trash talk forever.

His heart is still in it... there's just better fighters.

Makes a ton of sense AND gets his delusional fanboys into a "sport" where their tendencies only enrich the tapestry instead of detracting from the seriousness of the sport.

Isn't he a little too small for that? I know there are exceptions, but he would he just doesn't seem like that good of a fit. Plus he would have to learn how to do it which would take him several months of hard training to even have somewhat of a presentable match. He also probably makes more money fighting. I remember Chael Sonnen saying that he gets around $30 million an MMA fight when all is said and done.

Lmao he weighs like 160 lb soaking wet. What is he going to do in the wwe.

About the same size as Jericho, Benoit, bigger than your Eddie Guerros and that guy who said "Yes" all the time.
I mean he's the same height, but a solid 50-60 lbs lighter than all of them. Except for Daniel Bryan, probably only like 10-15 lbs lighter.

he tried to panic wrestle but Dustin timed the perfect punch
No he was ducking and weaving that whole exchange.

He then misread the last strike and ducked into a shovel uppercut thinking it was going to be a hook.

I get it ppl lovee to throw Conor’s own taunt of “panic wrestling” back at him bc it’s funny to rub salt into the wounds.

but his movement as he gets clipped is consistent with his ducking weaving defence for the entire sequence against that fence leading up to the KO.

Conor's heart clearly isn't in fighting anymore but he loved being Notorious. He could have been Notorious forever if he went to wrestling. Matt Riddle made the transition. If he can do it, Conor can do it. Conor has a bigger name, and he was born for that shit. "I'd like to take this chance to apologize... for absolutely nothin'!!" Iconic. Genius shit. Fur coats and trash talk forever.
Conor as well as being talented, he was awful lucky. Just look at the murderers row Dustin Poirier has had to go through to get where he's at. Where as Conor got a free shot at LW against Alverez, who was supposed to fight Khabib at the time. His mouth got him there. And now he's paying the price for it. If you talk the crap and say the shit, you gotta back it up. He got embarassed yesterday. Really embarassed badly.
"Dustins a good fighter, a great fighter, but I'm levels higher'. And if you want to talk cliches and puns nothing will ever beat. "I'm not surprised mfers"

I mean he's the same height, but a solid 50-60 lbs lighter than all of them. Except for Daniel Bryan, probably only like 10-15 lbs lighter.
Doubt his lighter than Bryan, they always exaggerate weight/heights. He could always bulk up anyways, not that hard.

Back