News Whittaker vs Costa set for main even on April 17th

Who Wins?

• Robert Whittaker

• Paulo Costa

Results are only viewable after voting.
This fight is going to be fireworks from start to finish. Whittaker is a monster who’s back on his shit. Also, Costa is going to come into this with a point to prove after the Izzy SVU episode.
giphy.gif

It says "UFC Fight Night" so no it won't be for no title.

Nice bout, I’ll take Whittaker by decision.

I think Rob can stop Costa in the later rounds. Whittaker has gone 5 rounds 3 times. 2 of them title fights against Romero. Costa has only gone round 3 once and clearly lost that round. He starts to slow down halfway through round 2 which is a major issue.

At this point costa is WAYYY underrated and I feel if this match up took place prior to Izzy sodomizing Costa most people would favor him against Rob. However mma is the most "what have you done for me lately" sport ever and Costa stock is at an all time low right now. Should be a tough fight but I got my boy Rob by decision.

They have had title fights on fight nights before but I think you might be right. Kinda sucks, its perfect for a interim fight.

I don't think there's much point making it an interim title, I actually think Izzy will defend both belts if he wins at LHW.

They have had title fights on fight nights before but I think you might be right. Kinda sucks, its perfect for a interim fight.
Not when it comes to the big divisions. The only fight nights that have title fights are usually in the range of flyweight to bantamweight. A Whitaker vs Costa for a title could easily headline a PPV so if it's on Fight Night is because they want 5 rounds, there will be no interim title and rightfully so, it's in April, Izzy fights in March so.

Respect to Whittaker for taking these last 2-3 fights, imo this should be for an interim if izzy is moving up.

<{anton}>

I hope the odds on Bobby wil be a good one

Not when it comes to the big divisions. The only fight nights that have title fights are usually in the range of flyweight to bantamweight. A Whitaker vs Costa for a title could easily headline a PPV so if it's on Fight Night is because they want 5 rounds, there will be no interim title and rightfully so, it's in April, Izzy fights in March so.
They have done LW title fights on fight nights before too. Its not uncommon for more popular divisions to do so.

Back