Why did Conor abondon his mental warfare?

Hostile1

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
If you'll notice he had his opponents beat and nervous 2 weeks before they ever got into the cage. The only people it didn't work on were Nate and Khabib, and he struggled badly with those two.

It's amazing the amount of pressure you can put on a man from your words. Ali explained it in detail on how he flustered people during the buildup and in the ring.

It's been said a million times:

Khabib humbled him.

His aura was gone once people seen him get beatdown after a bunch of trash talk. He was better off just focusing on the fight. All that hype had to be pretty exhausting for himself as well.

If you'll notice he had his opponents beat and nervous 2 weeks before they ever got into the cage. The only people it didn't work on were Nate and Khabib, and he struggled badly with those two.

It's amazing the amount of pressure you can put on a man from your words. Ali explained it in detail on how he flustered people during the buildup and in the ring.
Maybe he got tired of being a huge fucking douche all the time.

Khabib took his soul.

Esg7PZ1XMAAN-m4

Seems to me like Conor and Dustin have a "friends from work" type of relationship. Honestly, a tough spot to trash talk from. You could trash talk an enemy or a close friend but these casual acquaintances, that's a tough one

It could have to do with his legal issues, you don't want people seeing you being a douche if you may have to face a trial by a jury.

It's a very short answer, Khabib humbled him. Khabib was the last fight he talked shit in, and after he was caught on camera begging for mercy live on TV, he decided it wasn't worth it anymore.

Think of someone you know who is a super nice, respectful guy that you generally respect and like a lot. Now think of publicly trashing and insulting that person. That's pretty fucking tough to do... Conor was able to do that when he was young and hungry cause his only goal and focus in his life was winning MMA fights and becoming a star. Now he's an older, more mature guy who has achieved all of his goals and has two kids and millions of dollars in the bank. Trash talking a great guy like Dustin just isn't something that will come easily to him anymore.

Because he lost the Eye of the Tiger and right now it wouldn't be believable. Dustin said Conor didn't have that aura around him anymore, and it isn't just the trash talking, it's how Conor has been carrying himself that they are reading into. Body language says a lot more than words sometimes and Dustin probably picked up on it during their face offs/weigh in stare downs.

Conor was the first to break contact and reach out for Dustin's hand to shake it while Dustin was still staring him down. Conor's eyes also couldn't stay locked on into Dustin's and he started moving his eyes around Dustin's face then going for the hand shake right away and gave off a laugh and smile.

Simple. He knew mental warfare wasn't gonna work this time around. Why do you think he never gave rematches? That shit only works once. Give it up. The circus is over.

Reactions: G10
I kind of think Conor would have won had he talked trash. In their first fight I thought Dustin was the superior fighter but we all know how that turned out. Another thing is this time there were fewer opportunities to sell the fight, so whether Conor was humbled or not he simply didn't have the opportunity to plaster his mentality all over people's eyeballs.

I personally believe he genuinely respected Dustin and Cowboy by the time these fights happened. If he were to fight Khabib again right now he would talk trash.

A couple of reasons. One is that I think he actually respected Dustin and Cowboy, so he didn't want to shit talk them. The other reasons is that he has a bunch of losses now. He got finished by Nate, Khabib, and also Floyd. Mental warfare doesn't really work as well after you've been beat like that.

Didn’t want to look like ass hole in front of his kids

fatherhood matures you

All of the above plus $100mm in the bank.

Is normal.

After running his mouth to Khabib for a couple years, and getting his soul taken for shit talking. Even mid fight he was begging for mercy from Khabib, he realized shit talking when you cannot back it up makes you look like a fool.

Had he ran his mouth to Cerone, and got his head kicked off, what a fool he would've looked. Instead he gave respect to Cerone, just in case he got a beating.

Had he ran his mouth to Dustin, how would he have looked after getting beat down cause of a charlie horse and weak chin?

He doesn't run his mouth to save face, he know his stock is devaluing, and running his mouth hyping himself up to be something he aint, then getting beat down dont look good.

He got away with shit talking before as he was lucky, fluked Aldo in 9 seconds, got a lucky win off a 2 week chad mini mendes, got beat down on by Cabo nate and then ran away for a questionable win.

The only fight that impressed me was Alvarez, after that fight I was starting to think ok maybe he is the real deal.

But after not knowing what a calf kick was, it clearly shows his depth of MMA and fighting knowledge.

Last edited:
Also he has had plenty of shit in his private life. Maybe it isn't all true, but conor seems like a typical bully where he can give it, but not take it

I remember eddie mentioning him taking welfare and single mums take welfare, not men

Back