Conor looked old both in athleticism and spirit

Mcnugget

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The way he walked around, the look on his face, the way he talks about the fight game. He’s an old brawler who knows his time has come and is now in doubt if he showed proper(12) respect to the game that gave him so much.

He talks about everyone on the roster in a way to help them all get promotion and respect. He’s aware he’s a fading star but he’s got nuts big enough to try to grind our wins and stay relevant. He’s insecure in his place In The sport and what his legacy will be.

He knows he’s burned a lot of bridges. A win last night would have been a sigh of relief years in the making.

That Boulder still rests on his shoulders. Does he love the game enough to attempt to move said Boulder even tho once it’s off of him he still won’t see any shine as he’s a middle of the pack fighter at this point? Do horses wear horse socks ?

He looked fast and explosive until he gassed, just like always. He did not lose due to old age or declined athleticism.

Chandler vs. Khabib
GSP vs. Khabib

only two fights appealing right now

Chandler destroyed Dan where Dustin couldnt get close

No, man, jesus christ, he looked the same.

Sorry folks, he was just never that good. Hes elite at talking. That is it.

Old in face too.
In the post fight interaction with poirer he looked 50. He talks like he knows his time is coming or has already arrived. Completely got humbled by the young kid. In their first fight he walked through the calf kicks and mocked them. In this one they turned him into a sitting duck QUICK. He knew it was over when Dustin dodged those two uppercuts

No, man, jesus christ, he looked the same.

Sorry folks, he was just never that good. Hes elite at talking. That is it.
He knocked out 20 adult males! He’s a top contender in two weight classes still. Needs to fight way smarter

"Do horses wear horse socks ?"

Yes but only if its cold

I really feel like I was watching a completely different fight than most everyone else. I thought Conor looked fine. if anything it was that Dustin had improved slipping and actually utilized a game plan that made Conor look “bad”. He simply fought a much improved fighter and the difference won Poirier the fight.

looked good until dustin smoked his lead leg

Looked same. Maybe a little to confident in his abilities because he already KO'd Dustin.

JBhrVZT.gif

Conor was tagging Dustin, let's not fool ourselves. Was also surprised at how willing Conor was to clinch. Also, it was weird to see Conor using his new boxing stance like that. I didn't like it.

Too upright and Dustin chewed that leg up FAST.

Amazing game plan from Mike Brown.

It really just came down to those calf kicks. Conor's leg was completely gone and Conor did not adjust mid-fight.

I always thought McGregor was overrated and has flaws in his style and wished someone would come to expose them, But the way he lost wasn't satisfying.

Conor's style is a wide stance counter striker. The stance add more range to his left hand but leaves him open if he misses his counter, which is why someone who was able to close the distance like Mendez cracked him with good left hands.
That style allowed him to not check much kicks because his range was threatening, and didn't need to duck punches to evade.

This fight Conor thought he would become an in-fighter with a narrower stance. But he didn't have the skill to fight with that style.
He didn't have an in-step to close the distance, his punches were awkward with less power because he isn't used to generate power from twisting his core. His right uppercut left him open and countered, and shows he isn't familiar with the risky moves of in-fighting. He doesn't know how to check kicks properly and wasn't familiar enough with the stance to move quick to evade the kicks.

Is that what he meant by evolving to the "next level"?
It was cocky of him and his coaches to make such big changes against a guy who specializes in in-fighting.
From what I've seen Dustin wasn't comfortable defending that left had from a southpaw in the first round.
Conor had big big chance of winning if he fought with his usual fighting style.

Last edited:
They both looked old and slow

Look at the first takedown, it looked like whitebelts drilling

He lost because his defense sucks. I'm not even talking about the leg kicks, it was his head defense. Dustin hit him good and then he kept with the hands low trying to do the matrix.

Conor is an idiot, if he was able to keep his hands up OR force the clinch, he would've survived. He was beating Dustin with ease, but he threw it thanks to his bad defense, which was never something to write home about. The same happened even in the second Diaz fight, but Poirier can actually finish

Conor was tagging Dustin, let's not fool ourselves. Was also surprised at how willing Conor was to clinch. Also, it was weird to see Conor using his new boxing stance like that. I didn't like it.

Too upright and Dustin chewed that leg up FAST.

Amazing game plan from Mike Brown.

It really just came down to those calf kicks. Conor's leg was completely gone and Conor did not adjust mid-fight.
Mike Brown is absolutely top-level coach and strategist. Having that guy in your corner = a huge asset.
Dude is so impressive and smart, huge part of Poirier's team.

Back