Connor doesn't look the same on the feet.

5thDimensionMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not trying to make any excuses for him he got owned. He's seem to become a boxer since he fought Floyd .Absolutely no lateral movement in his karate stance while using kicks, he looked like a different fighter tonight. It's safe to say he'll never make a tittle run.A loss like that ruins most champions and he will most likely suffer another KO loss.He will still give us exciting fights of course. He needs to abandon this new style and fight like he used to,he would come off the bell with spinning kicks and attack the midsection/legs often. It looks like he just wants to KO people without luring them and give us the highlights like he said.

I'm not trying to make any excuses for him he got owned. He's seem to become a boxer since he fought Floyd .Absolutely no lateral movement in his karate stance while using kicks, he looked like a different fighter tonight. It's safe to say he'll never make a tittle run.A loss like that ruins most champions and he will most likely suffer another KO loss.He will still give us exciting fights of course. He needs to abandon this new style and fight like he used to,he would come off the bell with spinning kicks and attack the midsection/legs often. It looks like he just wants to KO people without luring them and give us the highlights like he said.

When the fuck has Conor ever shown lateral movement? He needs to get better at Boxing because they have by far the best lateral movement and Conor has never had that

Also he probably stopped fighting that way because his gas tank sucks.

Conor is a front runner. It's all about early damage and imposing will. He's only overcome adversity once and that was in the second fight against Nate. He barely did it then.

Money and accolades have made it even worse. He's past his prime, doesn't have the hunger and never had the toughness. It's over.

When the fuck has Conor ever shown lateral movement? He needs to get better at Boxing because they have by far the best lateral movement and Conor has never had that

Fighting in his karate stance and bouncing in and out light on his feet .? Watch vs aldo/alvarez and all his earlier fights. Now he is standing there leaping in with dead legs open for counter and looking for the counter left often as he does now.

he looked very good on the feet.

but like in every one of his previous fights, he starts to slow down around the 8 minute mark.

poirier looked worn out, and then suddenly conor looked a bit slower and sloppier, and dustin just put everything he had into it and put him away.

conor's problem is his conditioning.

Back before he fucked his leg he had great lateral movement. Once he came back it was never the same.

Back before he fucked his leg he had great lateral movement. Once he came back it was never the same.
LOL no he didn't. Conor always moved forward and backward very well. He never moved laterally well and the few times he did it looked awkward as fuck. Most of it is his stance makes it difficult

He became slow, no longer darting in and out and he stopped using his (body) kicks. He's flat-footed and his reflexes are worse than 4-5 years a go.

He used to be able to read hit opponents and counter them very well. When his opponents moved laterally he used to hit them with spinning back kicks to the body, roundhouse kicks to the body etc. He doesn't do that anymore.

If he wants to get back to his winning ways, he needs to go back to being a counter puncher, using his range and distance. He doesn't have the gas tank to keep pressing the action, and his opponents know what's coming.

even before the leg kicks... connor is heavier then he was before, been working on bulking up or something...

he looked very good on the feet.

but like in every one of his previous fights, he starts to slow down around the 8 minute mark.

poirier looked worn out, and then suddenly conor looked a bit slower and sloppier, and dusting just put everything he had into it and put him away.

conor's problem is his conditioning.
I dont know if i believe the whole 8 minute myth man.His cardio looked good vs Khabib and other 3 rounders. He was pressuring,caught a good punch got rocked and finished. He didnt looked tired to me.

He literally spammed jab left like 5 times before Dustin flurried him and got caught hard 2-3 times.

I think he was really good in stand up, better in boxing exchanges than Dustin, he hurt him with his left, he didn't gas for sure, he had good TDD and good clinch but he didn't adjust to leg kicks which was big problem.

Watch the KO sequence and you'll see that he just froze in one place after last leg kick because he couldn't normally stand on one leg. Even than he avoid a lot of punches.

I really think that he had lot of good things in this fight but because of one problem he lost in brutal fashion. He needs to adjust and be active if he wants to be in this game on top level. It's a big loss but his quality is there and needs to catch up with activity!

All credits goes to Dustin. He and his team did excellent job with strategy!

Fighting in his karate stance and bouncing in and out light on his feet .? Watch vs aldo/alvarez and all his earlier fights. Now he is standing there leaping in with dead legs open for counter and looking for the counter left often as he does now.
What the hell does "bouncing in and out light on his feet" have to do with LATERAL movement? Conor always moved amazing in and out, but never showed any good lateral movement.

More like he has become the shoulder striking queen since Cowboy. He still made millions. Conor will be just fine.

What the hell does "bouncing in and out light on his feet" have to do with LATERAL movement? Conor always moved amazing in and out, but never showed any good lateral movement.
I might be using the word word here.I'm talking about his footwork going in and out ,not side to side.

As much as I enjoyed seeing Connor lose, Connor was blasting Poirier in the first round.

I might be using the word word here.I'm talking about his footwork going in and out ,not side to side.
Oh ok. Yeah, lateral movement is side to side movement. Conor has never moved well side to side. A good boxing coach would be a massive help because Boxing is king when it comes to lateral movement. Conor also doesn't fight good on the inside because his power doesn't come from his core, and a good boxing coach could help that too

I dont know if i believe the whole 8 minute myth man.His cardio looked good vs Khabib and other 3 rounders. He was pressuring,caught a good punch got rocked and finished. He didnt looked tired to me.

He literally spammed jab left like 5 times before Dustin flurried him and got caught hard 2-3 times.
well i'm not saying he dies at the 8min mark, but he does slow down and lose his edge. his combinations got a little bit slower, and he fell off balance a couple of times. i'm not going to go analyze this into too much detail, but as i was watching the fight, i literally said "he's slowing down, he's getting tired" some 30 seconds before dustin took over. he doesn't drop dead, it's more subtle than that. but you can clearly see it.

he got clocked by diaz at around that time, and choked out. in the rematch, he again slowed down right around the same time, but he toughed it out, and diaz gassed too. in the khabib fight, he got dropped and the shit kicked out of him midway through the second round. and now, dustin put him away at pretty much the same time.

i'm not stupid enough to claim he isn't tough, or that he can't overcome this issue in fights. but it is an issue for him.

Back