Dana to Khabib: Imagine how big the PPV would be...

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Desperation is a stinky cologne (and I'm buying)

I do wonder if it would outsell the first or not. The whole bus incident I think helped make the promo for that so easily.

Everybody has a price

GranularCoarseGreatargus-max-1mb.gif

I hope Khabib doesn't give either Dana or Conor what they want.

I would much rather see Khabib fight Charles or Chandler.
Yea man drag it out. Make him beg

It WAS huge. It was an epic moment in fight history. It’s over. Move on and try to find the next fight instead of this pathetic attempt to recreate a moment in time that is gone

God it was an epic night. The night the Conor era ended and the McNuggets lost to the real fans

Like Dana said the Khabib Gaethje fight was trending to be the biggest PPV ever?

Not unless its in New york or Vegas

What makes it an easier to sell PPV in one of those cities (as opposed to another in the same timezone)? I get the city will partly determine the gate but most of the PPV sales (probably 98%+ are made outside the city it resides in)

Business man trying to talk a valued employee not to retire just yet...Where does Dana get these crazy ideas...

Yeah, I know.

For Heaven's sake, the next thing that you know, Dana White will try to get more folks to become fans of MMA fights and actually know who Stipe Miocic, Chris Weidman, Robert Whittaker, Genki Sudo, Michael Bisping, Luke Rockhold, Rich Franklin, Jan Błachowicz, Rutten, Condit, Lawler, Masvidal, Covington, Pulver, Edgar, Pettis, Volkanovski, Tony Ferguson, Justin Gaethje, Holloway, Cejudo, Joe Riggs, Dominick Cruz, Dustin Poirier, Nathan Diaz, Charles Oliveira, and Nick Diaz are (or, at the very least, get more folks to have HEARD of them).

Gee wiz, the police and the courts should go ahead and throw Dana White into Bellevue Hospital or any other INSANE asylum because of his sick and demented ideas.

PPVs is mostly related to the American market and in those two cities more celebrities come to watch and more tv networks promote the fight and there is tons to do. Other than khabib UFC 242 i don't think anyone else did more than a million in ppvs outside of of Prime time America.
Everybody else fought in prime time usa time.

I agree prime time america is their biggest ppv's. They are a north american company who ventures into south america a bit (in a similar time zone).

The cards outside of North/South America are much rarer and also typically weaker cards which obviously doesn't help. I assume they do them to try and grow their markets.

Rousey v Holms did more than a million buys and was in Australia, however Australian cards are still timed to run in US prime time even though it isn't the best time for the event.

I doubt UFC 242 did a million buys, it was never officially released. I think the rumored numbers have been significantly inflated to help grow Khabib's star.

Last edited:
Back