Who Is Better Relatively to Their Divisions??? Poirier or Blachowicz???

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I've compared several fighters this way. In your opinions, who has been the better and/or who is the better fighter right now in respects to their divisions?

I know this is gonna be an unpopular opinion, but: Blachowicz
It's harder to be consistent at higher weight-classes - despite the talent pool being deeper at LW which is obviously true, but has nothing to do with the question at hand.
Poirier did not seperate himself from the pack (Oliveira, Gaethje, Ferguson, etc.) at LW, Blachowicz did.

It's harder to be consistent at higher weight-classes - despite the talent pool being deeper at LW which is obviously true, but has nothing to do with the question at hand.
Poirier did not seperate himself from the pack (Oliveira, Gaethje, Ferguson, etc.) at LW, Blachowicz did.
Lol

Well said.

I've compared several fighters this way. In your opinions, who has been the better and/or who is the better fighter right now in respects to their divisions?
Jan...but poirer is a better and more well rounded fighter overall

Both have "ugly" losses (against journeymen), both have solid wins. Both also were the only fight in an upper weight class for well known fighters (Holloway had his only fight at 155 against Dustin and Jacaré and Rockhold both had their only fight at 205 against Jan). Now Jan is about, like Dustin when he foght Holloway, to fight the champ from tje weight class below his own.

I didn't think much of this comparison at first glance, but the more I think about it, the more it reveals itself to be an interesting one.

Poirier fought at 145 for a while too, so if we look solely at 155 Poirier vs. Jan, I'm tempted to go with Dustin. Obviously, the result of each man's next fight will matter a lot, especially Jan. If he puts Adesanya to sleep, his stock rises tremendously.

If journeyman featherweights challenged for the lightweight belt and were contenders the same way Thiago Santos challenged at lhw with a 20lbs jump in weight class, and guys with 12 fights too (Reyes) then I might say Blacho. Reality is the division is trash and it’s gonna be run by 50 year old Glover Teixeira.

Also blacho has a good chance of losing to adesanya, Poirier beat arguably the featherweight champion and best featherweight ever.

Obviously Poirier.

Jan is the champ and Dustin was never the champ. Jan by far. Retard thread brah.

Jan is the champ and Dustin was never the champ. Jan by far. Retard thread brah.

Dustin was interim champ. Jan also wouldn't have been champ unless Jones didn't vacate the belt let's be honest. So it's not retarded, both have been champs.

Poirier has the much better wins than Jan aswell.

Poirier by a mile

Poirier beat 4 former UFC champions (Alvarez, Pettis, Gaethje and Holloway x 2)

Jan captured a vacant title in a very weak division.

There is no comparison really.

Dustin was interim champ. Jan also wouldn't have been champ unless Jones didn't vacate the belt let's be honest. So it's not retarded, both have been champs.

Poirier has the much better wins than Jan aswell.
Poirier would not have even been interim champion had Khabib not gotten suspended. I don't see how that helps his case.
Poirier by a mile

Poirier beat 4 former UFC champions (Alvarez, Pettis, Gaethje and Holloway x 2)

Jan captured a vacant title in a very weak division.

There is no comparison really.
Beating former champions is one of the most overused and sometimes overrated stats used here. Holloway is by FAR his best win. Holloway never competed at 155. Gaethje was NOT a champ. Alvarez had been underwhelming and had done NOTHING as champ. Pettis was arguably washed. Context.

Jan has got that legit touch of death & some of the hardest kicks I’ve seen. I’d say Poirier due to having the cardio & grappling over Jan, while also good at throwing hands. Both awesome likable fighters though.

Poirier would not have even been interim champion had Khabib not gotten suspended. I don't see how that helps his case.

Beating former champions is one of the most overused and sometimes overrated stats used here. Holloway is by FAR his best win. Holloway never competed at 155. Gaethje was NOT a champ. Alvarez had been underwhelming and had done NOTHING as champ. Pettis was arguably washed. Context.

I didn't say it did, I replied to someone who said the answer was Jan because Jan was champ and Poirier never was. They called your thread retarded for even asking the question, read up, I said Dustin did win the belt and merely used the Jan example as lie you said, someone holding a title only means so much anyway because like you said, given the context.

Also I know you weren't replying for the 2nd part to me and I do agree Max is Dustin's best win but you can't write off Eddie, Gaethje and Pettis like they weren't impressive wins, they were, especailly in the manner he beat them, you can't take that away from him, he wasn't beating those former champs 10 years after their reigns, they were 1 or 2 fights off having the belt bar Pettis, that's context aswell.

Who has Jan beaten? Besides the fact that LHW is an incredibly WEAK division (more-so without Jones) what’s journeyman Jans biggest wins? Going 1-1 with Corey Canderson? MW chinny Rockhold? Reyes?

Poirier has the better wins and competes in a much tougher division. There’s no debating that.

1FDB43D9-957A-4D1E-BA5C-2844B80D5E47.gif

It's a good a comparison as both have evolved equally to there standing ( Dustin has probably put in a bit more work but not the issue).
Jan not a young man( fight wise) but his mma mileage makes him younger than he is.

Back