Where does Michael Chandler get this aura from?

gotBooched

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don’t know much about him. Have read articles about him fighting soon for the 155lb title? Like he comes in just 1-2 fights from a title shot while Chuck Olive has won 8 in a row, all in the UFC.

what am I missing here? Is he really that good?

isn't Chandler the best LW in Bellator? I am not familiar with him but just by looking at his highlights the guy has heavy hands and great wrestling

Well he was Bellator LW champion and a lot of people tend to overrate their fighters and say they could compete or win the title in the UFC.

Chandler is one of these guys.

I do think he is good, he did have a back and forth with Eddie Alvarez with some classics. He finished Alvarez who went on to be UFC champion. He only hit a wall against Will Brooks oddly, and was dominant until more recently. He's supposed to be good.

Oliveira at this point deserves to be up there for a shot, I would agree. But Chandler has more a draw and shit. They are both right up there though. The LW title is being held hostage right now regardless...or who fucking knows should I say.

isn't Chandler the best LW in Bellator? I am not familiar with him but just by looking at his highlights the guy has heavy hands and great wrestling

he KO’d benson Henderson in his last fight.
Lost to Pitbull via first round KO under two years ago.

I don’t know much about him. Have read articles about him fighting soon for the 155lb title? Like he comes in just 1-2 fights from a title shot while Chuck Olive has won 8 in a row, all in the UFC.

what am I missing here? Is he really that good?

Go and watch his fights with Eddie Alvarez. He also has the amazing ability to come back from losses and look new and improved each time.
He looked completely done post Will Brooks and then got himself back to the belt.

I think Hooker will take him. He is just too big and technically proficient. I think he will catch him early.
It's doesnt mean Chandler is great though.

He holds many Bellator records.
-Most title reigns (3)
-Most title bouts (11)
-Most wins in LW division (15)
-Most stoppage wins (10)
-Tied for most fights (23)
-Tied for most wins (18)

Hes been hyped up for years and has some great wins under his belt.

It'd be interesting to see him in the UFC a few years back. IMO the UFC signed him because they know he's older and has a lot of mileage. He's going to come in and lose and all the UFC shills can say Bellator sucks. That's why the UFC wants to put so much spot light on him already.

What if he wins? The UFC can just say they have the best LWs and he's one of them.

This is all win/win for the UFC.

A few years past his prime, but could make a title run if he keeps his chin tucked.

He is a top fighter and a well rounded one too, but I don't see him as champion material.
His fight with Hooker should be great on paper.

Back