khamzat vs magny was a mismatch just like I said previously

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
I was simply stating the obvious facts. I watched alot of Magny and i and everyone sane knew Magny had nothing for Khamzat. It was a mismatch period. You would have to be MMA newbie to say otherwise and some even called me out on this?

Magny is a super crafty and awkward fighter but got dominated tonight, Chimaev would have done the same.

Tough matchup for Magny, no doubt...but "mismatch" is a bit much, particularly given that Chimaev is still relatively unproven at this point.

Chiesa has more than double Khamzat's number of pro fights and has been in there with much higher level competition.

I was simply stating the obvious facts. I watched alot of Magny and i and everyone sane knew Magny had nothing for Khamzat. It was a mismatch period. You would have to be MMA newbie to say otherwise and some even called me out on this?
The unknown commodity in the match of magny vs Khamzat was khmzat....not magny. We didn’t really learn anything we didn’t already know here...don’t know how this “proves” anything about an entirely different matchup.

"Mismatch" is a bit much, particularly given that Chimaev is still relatively unproven at this point.

Chiesa has more than double Khamzat's number of pro fights and has been in there with much higher level competition.

Khamzat can finish Chiesa in one round and hack he could have finished both fighters on the same night.

Anyone who thinks Chiesa has a chance against Chimaev is fucking deluded

Khamzat can finish Chiesa in one round and hack he could have finished both fighters on the same night

Yeah, yeah, I know...Khamzat is the next GOAT, will be champ inside of a year, etc.

I'm a big fan and I hope he keeps his run going...but I'm not the type to hop on every hype train that rolls into the UFC.

How about we judge him based on his accomplishments and not on 'potential'? He hasn't even faced a legit top 15 fighter yet...

Khamzat can finish Chiesa in one round and hack he could have finished both fighters on the same night.

Anyone who thinks Chiesa has a chance against Chimaev is fucking deluded

Imagine saying something like this a calling other people deluded, No one even knows how good Khamzat is, you can speculate and hype all you want but being so confident that he could beat Chiesa or Magny, let alone both in the same night is pretty deluded.

Yeah, yeah, I know...Khamzat is the next GOAT, will be champ inside of a year, etc.

I'm a big fan and I hope he keeps his run going...but I'm not the type to hop on every hype train that rolls into the UFC.

How about we judge him based on his accomplishments and not on 'potential'? He hasn't even faced a legit top 15 fighter yet...

I understand what you are saying only accoplishment counts at the end of the day but these fights are fights were Khamzat is heavily favored against both. I am just being frank no hype at all.

Imagine saying something like this a calling other people deluded, No one even knows how good Khamzat is, you can speculate and hype all you want but being so confident that he could beat Chiesa or Magny, let alone both in the same night is pretty deluded.

We know how good he is and He would be like 8-1 favored against Chiesa and It would be ludicrous if it's not even higher

Last edited:
But he didn't fight Khamzat

no. i think chiesa and magny would destroy canzat!

Haha, you make the most benign topic sound so extreme and important. Magny is very solid, and has pulled several upsets. Not onlw "MMA newbie's" think he had a good chance tonight, or against Khamzat, who is barely proven compared to Magny's ELITE track record.

I understand what you are saying only accoplishment counts at the end of the day but these fights are fights were Khamzat is heavily favored against both. I am just being frank no hype at all.

We know how good he is and He would be like 8-1 favored against Chiesa and It would be ludicrous if it's not even higher
Do you feel a sense of empowerment by pretending you know and see so much more about/in this fighter than everyone else? Is that a thing now, like being a haughty fight-hipster?

Back