Reyes vs Gustafsson

SerbBerserk

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Not really a fight that was ever practical, but I do like that match looking back on it because both of them were primarily boxers. I think a prime Gus could beat Reyes, he had better cardio and he was quiet good at landing precise shots and in combination.

bc93282a56454c97d710245d8b127d415c0125f8.gifv

SkinnyCelebratedAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif

Gus 2.0 gets eaten alive.
The Smith loss does hurt his chances, idk he might of been a bit unmotivated for that fight since he retired after the fight if im not mistaken. I don't think Reyes would of taken it to the ground like Smith did though.

New age Gus hurts to watch. Folds against Smith then eats himself to a loss against Werdum. Should have stayed retired

Gus has never been the same mentally after coming so close twice

The final straw was the DC fight, so many wars only to come up short is heartbreaking.

It was paychecks after that

Gus has never been the same mentally after coming so close twice

The final straw was the DC fight, so many wars only to come up short is heartbreaking.

It was paychecks after that

The beatdown of Glover was probably his best performance along with Jones 1, though.

Going with prime Gus. Better boxing, cardio and iron chin. Would've been a cool fight if their primes aligned

Not really a fight that was ever practical, but I do like that match looking back on it because both of them were primarily boxers. I think a prime Gus could beat Reyes, he had better cardio and he was quiet good at landing precise shots and in combination.

bc93282a56454c97d710245d8b127d415c0125f8.gifv

SkinnyCelebratedAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif
Prime Gus is MIA. Right now we have Gus .2 He seems like a shell of himself. I felt sorry for him against Werdum.

The beatdown of Glover was probably his best performance along with Jones 1, though.

That combo in your av is the fastest 4 punch combo where every punch landed we have ever seen LHW or up. It was as fast as Conor's finishing combo on Alvarez. For me its almost more impressive than the last combo that finished Glover.

If you're talking prime vs prime, I think Gus takes it.

When I read the thread title I thought this fight was actually being made and felt bad for Gus.

Prime Gus was thoroughly besmirched by Rumble Johnson

He made him cry on Swedish television

What is a "prime Gus"?

Prime Gus's biggest win was what? Glover? Shogun?

Prime Gus's biggest achievements were close losses to DC and Jones, still losses. Prime Gus was still only as good as guys like Santos, Rakic are now.

Reyes would drop him and probably finish him.

Back