Chiesa Magny

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Is this going to be the worst main event of all time? I see time wasting grappling exchanges and literally nothing else in this one. 5 rounds of it.

discuss.

BAhahah yeah it won't be a knockout that's for sure

Only chance at a finish is an early chiesa sub

I bet magny decision ....but in any outcome - this will almost most certainly be a boring fight

yeah....it's really bad...

I rather see young prospects

***this fight is on at 12 noon eastern time ....at least most will be working and can just read who won it lol

It will be like a below womens championship level bout where neither of them have any power so the punches will be smothered into a clinch constantly.

could never be a KO? Chiesa knocked Masvidal out for half a sec

TS clearly didn’t follow the UFC events in 2020. I mean cmon you don’t get worse than Eye vs Calvillo or Smith vs Clark. Whereas, Chiesa vs Magny is a decent fight night main event between two potential contenders.

TS clearly didn’t follow the UFC events in 2020. I mean cmon you don’t get worse than Eye vs Calvillo or Smith vs Clark. Whereas, Chiesa vs Magny is a decent fight night main event between two potential contenders.
I watched every one, yes, it was hyperbole.

It's certainly not one for the casual fan, could be a lot of stalling against the fence and competitive wrestling... Or it could be that they are so well matched in that department it's a strike fest, which i'd be happy to see.

I'm looking forward to it, but Main Event spot is a little high imo, though both guys deserve it.

Is this going to be the worst main event of all time? I see time wasting grappling exchanges and literally nothing else in this one. 5 rounds of it.

discuss.

Magny can deliver a fun fight, look at him V Lombard or even his loss to Ponzi.

Problem is, he's a technical fighter without power. He aims to control the entire fight through technique, a finish is just a bonus really. Chiesa via sub is the most likely finishing scenario, but considering how good Magnys wrestling has gotten could be a damn thrilling grappling match up.

I'm an optimist

I’m not a fan of magnys fighting style at all. But I kinda like Chiesa.
This isn’t close to the worst main event though. I agree it’s not main event worthy.

could never be a KO? Chiesa knocked Masvidal out for half a sec

Lol it’s called a “knockdown”... hardly anything dramatic. Also he proceeded to get dominated and finished.

Pillow fisted Chiesa vs Pillow fisted Magny is nothing more than an unathletic point fight for gatekeeper title.

giphy.gif

066_jorge_masvidal_vs_michael_chiesa.0.jpg

Chiesa-choke-gif-1.gif

Magny can deliver a fun fight, look at him V Lombard or even his loss to Ponzi.

Problem is, he's a technical fighter without power. He aims to control the entire fight through technique, a finish is just a bonus really. Chiesa via sub is the most likely finishing scenario, but considering how good Magnys wrestling has gotten could be a damn thrilling grappling match up.

I'm an optimist

magny stifles the fight and wins off of control. Lombard fught was awesome but those fights are very rare from magny.

magny is one of the very few fighters I can’t stand. Nik lentz is another guy.

I think Magny could finish Chiesa on the ground

Eye Cavillo !!!!! I survived to tell the tale too.

magny stifles the fight and wins off of control. Lombard fught was awesome but those fights are very rare from magny.

magny is one of the very few fighters I can’t stand. Nik lentz is another guy.

With you on this one, bruh. Magny is like the anti-fun when it comes to MMA. He's provided some good fights in the past though no doubt, but not for the reasons Neil Magny fans would like. Y'know...

c4551d8413cdc5c8d3cd249ca5290779.gif

3768996f02558046bb59e59e41a6bea4.gif

rpVkv2D.gif

giphy.gif

moraesvsmagny1.gif

There are a lot more like that, but I think everyone gets my POV by this point. Neil's TDD is still weak and his sub defense is unimpressive and he's going up against a massive powerful grappler with excellent take downs and even better subs. Magny is the ultimate overachiever in MMA but generally comes up WAY short when he faces the actual elite of the 170 pound division. Hell, just the really, really good at WW if I'm being honest.

Chiesa gets the RNC inside of two rounds.

Terrible matchmaking to put these two together, even worse that it’s now the main event

Back