[Poll] Predict Khabib's decision

What will Dana White tell us today ?

• Total voters

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Today's greatest event is Dana White's reveal of Khabib's decision. The fight card is nice as well, but as a real UFC fan I am more interested in the next chapter of Khabib's retirement storyline. So let us speculate: what do you think Dana will reveal to us ?

IMO, it will be a combination of two things:

- Khabib will not be returning to fight for the LW title. Either he retires or he fights GSP at catchweight.

- Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier is now for the lightweight title.

If McGregor vs Poirier becomes a title fight, I will lose my shit. This is exactly what needs to be done imo.

Last edited:
This ones tricky. He seems like he’d return for the GSP fight. But Dana was adamant about it not happening. And Dana being the man of his word, that he is...

I think Dana's pitch wasn't enticing enough, Khabib will officially vacate, stay retired and the winners of next weekends main and co-main will fight for the belt.

I picked that Khabib will return to defend the belt.
Because I expect lies from Dana.

I realize it's probable that Khabib stays retired and they elevate Conor vs Dustin to a title fight.

But I'm hoping for the GSP fight. I'm a fan of both and would love to see it, but without title implications. No belt on the line, just a fun fight for legacy

He will officially announce his retirement. Have a proper ceremony and final presscon/interview questions, and then officially relinquish his belt. Kinda like GSP's retirement ceremony in 2019. I won't mind if I'm wrong though. I'd love to see him come back.

I think Dana's pitch wasn't enticing enough, Khabib will officially vacate, stay retired and the winners of next weekends main and co-main will fight for the belt.

That would be lame.

Just go full WWE and make Conor vs Dustin for the title, to raise the stakes, sell PPV's, and make Conrad's next fight a title defense.

The storyline is infinitely better if DP vs McG is a title fight.

I think the only way Khabib returns is to fight GSP. With that said, I'm fairly sure that will not be agreed to by Dana in this meeting he and Khabib are having so.....

I hope he fights one more time, even if it's against MacGruber.

That would be lame.

Just go full WWE and make Conor vs Dustin for the title, to raise the stakes, sell PPV's, and make Conrad's next fight a title defense.

The storyline is infinitely better if DP vs McG is a title fight.
Sure, only if you read bits a pieces of the story. Conor has done absolutely nothing to deserve a title shot. If people what to ignore that part of the story then sure the storyline is better.

Today's greatest event is Dana White's reveal of Khabib's decision. The fight card is nice as well, but as a real UFC fan I am more interested in the next chapter of Khabib's retirement storyline. So let us speculate: what do you think Dana will reveal to us ?

IMO, it will be a combination of two things:

- Khabib will not be returning to fight for the LW title. Either he retires or he fights GSP at catchweight.

- Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier is now for the lightweight title.

If McGregor vs Poirier becomes a title fight, I will lose my shit. This is exactly what needs to be done imo.
If he was going to defend his title, then the Conor vs Poirer and Hooker VS Chandler events would not be affected at all. Dana just said they were. So he's not defending.

Sure, only if you read bits a pieces of the story. Conor has done absolutely nothing to deserve a title shot. If people what to ignore that part of the story then sure the storyline is better.

The Rock didn't need to do anything to fight CM Punk for the title at Rasslemania.

This is the entertainment business, not a freaking Karate tournament.

He's clearly vacating the belt, to move up and fight gsp.

Conor vs poirier is for the vacant lw title
Hooker vs chandler is #1 contender fight
(Last two are facts)

Call me mystic mac

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back