Were you upset when Figgy missed weight vs Joe B for the championship?

hes fought twice since then, no big deal. and hes fighting again in a few weeks

Yeah it's always shitty when fighters don't make weight especially if they're not new and it's not a first offense. When there's a brutal finish involved, it's even worse due to the advantage, but ultimately, the opponent has to agree to step in there so it's part of the game I guess.

If he can continue to make weight, I'm very excited for his title reign. A smaller fighter that loves looking for the finish is the best of both worlds with activity in ring and a feeling that the fight can end at any moment.

The weight miss and subsequent win had a few upset, but the fact that he agreed to an instant rematch went a long way. Situation was remedied.

I'm upset when fighters missing why gets fights cancelled.

As long as a fight goes on I can careless if they miss weight.

Not really. He avenged his missed weight, and I expect it to have been a one time thing.

I didn't care at the time because I assumed that the division was dead anyway.

Now that the UFC has sort of recommitted to men's flyweight, and based on his last three performances, I hope that he keeps his shit together and doesn't get stripped for missing weight.

No, he hadn't quite yet solidified himself as a superstar, so I hadn't yet gotten on the bandwagon. Now he is a total superstar in my mind, I'm on the bandwagon, and if he misses weight from now on I'll be really disappointed.

I destroyed every possession in my household, and then proceeded to weep for seven days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back