Anik mentioned this point about Khabib

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Not only was he never knocked down, cut, or controlled in any way, he also pretty much never committed any fouls!

No eye pokes, no illegal strikes, no hooking/grabbing the cage, no cuffing the gloves,no grabbing shorts. FUCKING GOAT!!!!!!

Is sportsmanship a foul?

NINTCHDBPICT000440021104.jpg

He’s right up there, IMO. Behavior outside the cage means something to me. He seems like a decent dude. It’s hard to put Jones in there because of this exact reason, even though his streak is legendary.

When you consider his accomplishments within the octagon, and the manner in which he has carried himself outside of it, it's difficult to dispute his greatness.
Yes, but i'm just marvelling at the flawlessness of his cage control. We're all human, you'd expect at least a couple accidental fouls in the midst of the stress of a high level mma fight, but in order to never commit any fouls it requires complete and total mastery. No panic, no stress. Just sheer domination.

Jones has a lot of things working against him.

- PEDs
- Notorious for eye pokes
- Illegal elbows
- Illegal knee against Smith which could have resulted in him losing had Smith chosen not to continue.
- And probably a bunch of other fouls I can't remember.
- Arguably lost his last fight and almost lost the one before that.

He’s right up there, IMO. Behavior outside the cage means something to me. He seems like a decent dude. It’s hard to put Jones in there because of this exact reason, even though his streak is legendary.
The steroids automatically rule him out. He destroyed his legacy because how can you say someone who was cheating is the best? We'll never know if he was good enough to become champion or even to fight in UFC without steroids.

He missed weight vs Trujillo
Jones has a lot of things working against him.

- PEDs
- Notorious for eye pokes
- Illegal elbows
- Illegal knee against Smith which could have resulted in him losing had Smith chosen not to continue.
- And probably a bunch of other fouls I can't remember.
He would literally be undefeated if it weren't for fouls.

Actually there were fouls in the Conor fight. Conor didn't complain and the ref didn't call them so there's not much discussion on it and of course Conor fouled more.

Dunno. I think Poirier's guillotine had Khabib under control for a bit. And Tibau took him down and had his back for a bit.

Khabib was a great fighter. No need to inflate how great he was though.

Yet he may have many defeats if it wasn't for PED's. The amount of benefit he gets from these is unmeasureable. To say nothing of the scum bag he is outside the ring.

Dunno. I think Poirier's guillotine had Khabib under control for a bit. And Tibau took him down and had his back for a bit.

Khabib was a great fighter. No need to inflate how great he was though.
The Tibau takedown was very quickly reversed but Dustin did have him in a bad spot with the choke

Yet he may have many defeats if it wasn't for PED's. The amount of benefit he gets from these is unmeasureable. To say nothing of the scum bag he is outside the ring.
Lol what the fuck are you talking about? Are you confusing Jones for Khabib?

Back