Could Masvidal go back down to LW?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Can Jorge successfully weigh in at 155 still? He looks like he carries some extra weight these days, but maybe he is too used to it and doesn’t want to go back down.

IF he could; would he have enough in the tank to beat Conor, Gaethje, Hooker, Du Bronx. etc?

Then again, you have the Poirier being a close friend thing, which probably throws it out. Just imagine Masvidal McGregor for the 155 strap though. UFC would love promoting that.

I'm pretty sure he could make 155 if he wanted to but at this point is not worth it. I don't see him being champ at either weight class, so why should he bother killing himself to make 155 when he can keep fighting at 170 and have the same level of success?

I'm pretty sure he could make 155 if he wanted to but at this point is not worth it. I don't see him being champ at either weight class, so why should he bother killing himself to make 155 when he can keep fighting at 170 and have the same level of success?
Less wrestlers at LW. He will never ever be WW champ with Colby/Usman up there. LW he can do his post-reality show Masvidal super striker gimmick against (mostly) other strikers and try get it done.

Fight in an actual competitive division? Nah he'll get exposed badly.

He's better off staying at WW with the other washed up lightweights and dinosaurs

He complained before that at LW he doesn't feel as powerful

Less wrestlers at LW. He will never ever be WW champ with Colby/Usman up there. LW he can do his post-reality show Masvidal super striker gimmick against (mostly) other strikers and try get it done.
I forgot Khabib retired... He could actually become the champ at LW with some luck and the proper matchups

He can make the weight for sure but doesn’t like being disciplined in his diet. He gets fat ass hell off season like Kelvin does lol

I think he's battling alcoholism. Looks ill, growing out hair and beard to deny ageing, pathetic Trump love proves some level of CTE.

He would probley do well at lw of he fought more aggressive as he does now. His problem was he was just to complacent and didn't use alot of volume. He was never really outclassed.

Funner matchups and much easier path to a belt, i agree that he is optimal at 170 though

To be fair as I wrote that, I checked his record, he only suffered 2 losses at LW to Khabilov and Iaquinta, the Iaquinta one was a complete robbery. I've no doubt Masvidal would be able to beat Al again.

there are more wrestlers in LW than WW ...

He can't make 155, he is bigger than dustin who already struggle to make the weight.

there are more wrestlers in LW than WW ...

He can't make 155, he is bigger than dustin who already struggle to make the weight.
Are there? Usman/Colby or CDF/Bronx? Come off it. Masvidal wouldn’t be fighting guys from 5-15 anyway. His competition for the belt would be Conor, Dustin, Justin and Tony. And Bronx if he can keep it up but Masvidal can wrestle with him...

I think he's battling alcoholism. Looks ill, growing out hair and beard to deny ageing, pathetic Trump love proves some level of CTE.

Beards make people look younger than without a beard?
Since when?

Can Jorge successfully weigh in at 155 still? He looks like he carries some extra weight these days, but maybe he is too used to it and doesn’t want to go back down.

IF he could; would he have enough in the tank to beat Conor, Gaethje, Hooker, Du Bronx. etc?

Then again, you have the Poirier being a close friend thing, which probably throws it out. Just imagine Masvidal McGregor for the 155 strap though. UFC would love promoting that.

Not only could he, he should. He isn't beating Usman. He could beat anybody outside of Khabig at 155.

Remember how Conor struggled with Nate? Jorge dominated Nate on the feet. I usually hate MMA math, but I think Masvidal could be champion at 155.

Are there? Usman/Colby or CDF/Bronx? Come off it. Masvidal wouldn’t be fighting guys from 5-15 anyway. His competition for the belt would be Conor, Dustin, Justin and Tony. And Bronx if he can keep it up but Masvidal can wrestle with him...
LW : khabib, justin, chandler, islam, dariush, gregor, kevin lee, marsken ( olympian btw ), tsaryukan
WW : Usman, colby, chiesa ( former LW ), and now chimaev.

Back