The lightweight ranking is sh*t.

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why's Cowboy, Iaquinta, and Kevin lee still ranked? They shouldn't be ranked over Fiziev, Tsarukyan, Leonardo Santos, Brad Riddell, Bobby Green, Moicano, and Trinaldo.

None of the guys you listed have beat any ranked opponents. I do agree Cowboy should be out of the LW rankings by now though.
Kevin lee is 2-4 in his last 6 fights. He shouldn't be ranked. But I could see making a case for Iaquinta being ranked.

Kevin lee is 2-4 in his last 6 fights. He shouldn't be ranked. But I could see making a case for Iaquinta being ranked.
That's pretty ironic that you would shit on kevin lee considering he's the only reason why Al is still in the rankings

That's pretty ironic that you would shit on kevin lee considering he's the only reason why Al is still in the rankings
That's because Al beat Kevin lee. I don't think he should be ranked but he still has a better case than Lee.

Cowboy is an accomplished lightweight. He’s lost to 3 top 5 guys and should be above ragin AL in the rankings.

Gillespie is a bigger win than any of the names you mentioned though.

Why's Cowboy, Iaquinta, and Kevin lee still ranked? They shouldn't be ranked over Fiziev, Tsarukyan, Leonardo Santos, Brad Riddell, Bobby Green, Moicano, and Trinaldo.
The answer to your question is found at the 19:00 minute mark of this video. The "ladder" in question is the UFC rankings.

Directionality is what matters on the rankings ladder. Not the static location of a given fighter at a given point in time. That's why people care about Chimaev.

It really does not matter what spot any individual occupies on the ladder at a given time. The thing to watch on the ladder is who is moving upwards quickly.

Kevin lee is 2-4 in his last 6 fights. He shouldn't be ranked. But I could see the case for Iaquinta being ranked.
He's actually 3-3 in his last 6 fights (at LW, remember). Wins over Chiesa, Barboza, Gillespie. It makes perfect sense he's ranked imo.

I agree. The real top 3 should look like this

1. Khabib Nurmagomedov
2. Islam Makhachev
3. Conor McGregor

Gillespie hasn't beaten anybody relevant ever

And guys like Brad Riddell have? Or 1 fight at LW Moicano?

I'm not sure how we're in a thread making arguments why Kevin Lee and Iaquinta shouldn't but those guys have. It's pretty clear why most of those names aren't ranked. I thought it doesn't need spelling out.

Because LW is the stuck in the mud division. No one wants to fight lower ranked opponents so nothing ever happens.

Nah, none of these guys have fought competition remotely close to Iaquinta and Kevin Lee. Sure they have loses, but all their wins and loses are against relevant people. Leonardo Santos is impressive actually, and the rest of that list just has small streak going against no names. It's too bad that some of them can't get big names, but that doesn't just move them up the ladder.

No pics of the rankings?

<{clintugh}>

because the division is shallow and weak just like all the divisions in the ufc.

Imagine still complaining about the rankings in 2020. Everybody knows they are bullshit.
You must been living under a rock.

It's too bad Raging Al is becoming the next Trumpian real estate tycoon of the NY/NJ area because I think he's a fitting gatekeeper for the top 10 LW's

Difficult to finish, fairly well rounded and tough as nails. If Dana wasn't on the hook to his ESPN overlords he would have already fed Chandler to Al

Back