*Casey Kenney Vs Nathaniel Wood: Who gets it and how?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Two fights in three weeks could affect Kenney?

Fight is at 140 lbs catchweight, Kenney looked kinda heavy aswell in the face offs.

Also, how good is Nathaniel Wood?

I'm going with Kenney on this one. Wood is good but man Kenney looked really good his last outing and seems to be improving every fight.

I'm going with Kenney on this one. Wood is good but man Kenney looked really good his last outing and seems to be improving every fight.
Do you believe fighting after just 3 weeks could affect him?

Yeah, Kenney looked great in his last fight, but what abut his previous wins? He was dominant aswell?

Do you believe fighting after just 3 weeks could affect him?

Yeah, Kenney looked great in his last fight, but what abut his previous wins? He was dominant aswell?

Yes, and you can tell me what you think...it's a forum and we all have opinions...

Kenney is damn good. He also looked a fair bit bigger than Wood on the scales and during the face off. I wouldn't be surprised to Kenney finishes Wood late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd via strikes.

Yes, and you can tell me what you think...it's a forum and we all have opinions...
I was really impressed be Kenney's last performance. Believe he's a really good fighter. Reminds me of RDA, like a good grappler turned into a powerful, talented striker. Great kicks. Never seen Nathaniel Wood. That's why I'm asking. Cause I believe the one tgat beats Kenney has to be really good, otherwise he's getting it. That or maybe the short break between fights could affect him.

Saw Kenney's fight against Merab, tough one. Was really tired at the end.

Gonna be a good fight.

Safe money is on Kenney. I think these guys are actually at a similar level, but kenney is just a bit more polished. It should be a good fight.

I'm sensing Woods via upset. I think he's getting overlooked here.

I like Kenney, and he looked really good in his last outing against Heili 2 weeks ago where he made me some very easy money. The problem is Heili clearly isn't UFC level and barely tried anything. He just stood there and got beat on. He looked extremely basic. His record reflects this at 14-8. For how bad Heili looked, Casey honestly should have been able to finish him, but couldn't.

So, yeah, I think a lot of the favoritism for Kenney right now is because he looked great last time, but that was more a result of him fighting someone who allowed him to look amazing.

With Woods, the guy would be on a 10 fight win streak if he hadn't got suddenly KOd by Dodson with 16 seconds left in the third round in a fight he was winning. He's fought some decent names. Maybe they don't have as high a profile as Kenney's, but they're not a big step down either. Almost beating Dodson is a better performance than anything I've seen Kenney achieve in his career so far at least.

I've seen some people say that Casey will be able to outgrapple Woods easily because Woods is British and brits can't grapple lol. Woods subbed three decent dudes, all in the UFC. He subbed Eduardo, who has 11 wins himself by sub. You don't pull that off if you can't grapple. Also, Woods has 2 losses by sub. This doesn't worry me so much because the last guy who subbed him has 8 wins, and all of them are by submission. It's not like Woods has some glaring submission weakness.

I'm honestly shocked the betting lines aren't 50/50 for this one. There's definitely money to be made on playing Woods, which I'm probably going to do.

Potential FOTN I think, Wood is a very strong underdog pick imo, if Kenney can get his wrestling game off though this could put it in his favour.. Striking I think they are very well matched maybe edge Wood on the feet.

I was really impressed be Kenney's last performance. Believe he's a really good fighter. Reminds me of RDA, like a good grappler turned into a powerful, talented striker. Great kicks. Never seen Nathaniel Wood. That's why I'm asking. Cause I believe the one tgat beats Kenney has to be really good, otherwise he's getting it. That or maybe the short break between fights could affect him.

Saw Kenney's fight against Merab, tough one. Was really tired at the end.

Gonna be a good fight.

Like I said, Kenney looked awesome in his last fight. Everywhere. Cardio, grappling, and striking looked really good. That said, I don't think he is comparable (although I do kind of see what you are saying) to RDA.

Further more, you say you have never seen Wood but then you say it's gonna be a good fight? How can you say this if you have never seen Kenney's opponent?

Look at Wood's record, finish rate and guys he has fought, and go look at some old fights. Then come in hera and say it's gonna be a good fight.

Spoiler...it has the makings of being a really good fight :)

Like I said, Kenney looked awesome in his last fight. Everywhere. Cardio, grappling, and striking looked really good. That said, I don't think he is comparable (although I do kind of see what you are saying) to RDA.

Further more, you say you have never seen Wood but then you say it's gonna be a good fight? How can you say this if you have never seen Kenney's opponent?

Look at Wood's record, finish rate and guys he has fought, and go look at some old fights. Then come in hera and say it's gonna be a good fight.

Spoiler...it has the makings of being a really good fight :)
I haven't seen Wood's fight, but I've seen his record and some highlights. I mean, I have never seen him before this matchup.

If I had to make a fast comparison between Kenney and a really well known, accomplished fighter, I would say RDA again. Powerful kicks, good boxing, with a grappling base, always going forward.

Man, r u kinda mad? Chill out, like u said, this is a forum. Peace.

Woods has much better boxing, Casey is a better wrestler with harder kicks.

Depending on where Casey wants to fight, it's his fight to lose.

Casey Kenney has impressed me in most of his outings, but Wood is a live dog and I could easily see him upsetting him on the feet honestly -- especially with the quick turnaround and Catchweight, both of which introduce question marks into Casey's readiness. Right now I think have Kenney by Decision.

Casey Kenney has impressed me in most of his outings, but Wood is a live dog and I could easily see him upsetting him on the feet honestly -- especially with the quick turnaround and Catchweight, both of which introduce question marks into Casey's readiness. Right now I think have Kenney by Decision.
How does the catch weight affect Kenney (more than Wood)?
I believe Kenney is a little bit bigger, so this could benefit him. Also, thisight be 140 just to avoid to weight cuts in 3 weeks. Again, works better for him.

How does the catch weight affect Kenney (more than Wood)?
I believe Kenney is a little bit bigger, so this could benefit him. Also, thisight be 140 just to avoid to weight cuts in 3 weeks. Again, works better for him.

It doesn't, necessarily. I just think it in concert with the quick turnaround introduces a lot of uncontrolled variables that aren't good in the fight game. He looked a bit different on the scales to me. I readily admit that it could be confirmation bias on my end, however.

It doesn't, necessarily. I just think it in concert with the quick turnaround introduces a lot of uncontrolled variables that aren't good in the fight game. He looked a bit different on the scales to me. I readily admit that it could be confirmation bias on my end, however.
I agree that he looked somehow "big" on the face offs, like not ripped. Not sure if that's good or bad for him.

I haven't seen Wood's fight, but I've seen his record and some highlights. I mean, I have never seen him before this matchup.

If I had to make a fast comparison between Kenney and a really well known, accomplished fighter, I would say RDA again. Powerful kicks, good boxing, with a grappling base, always going forward.

Man, r u kinda mad? Chill out, like u said, this is a forum. Peace.

Not at all mad...it's difficult reading tone in words spoken in text...

Back