What happened to Greg Hardy

He’s show slight improvements. Had a good outing his last fight. Looks like he’ll continue to fight mid level HWs.

I just looked at Greene’s record. The dude loves his triangles/arm triangles. Those two submissions account for most of his wins lol

The last arm triangle was more of a titty-armpit strangle to a fat gassed opponent who quit, but yes he has long arms and shit lol

Still fighting lesser names.

He should be facing a top ten heavy weight by around 2025.
When he fought a ranked guy (Volkov), everyone said it was too soon and he's getting special treatment from the UFC, and its BS. When he fights lower ranked guys, people give him shit for not fighting tough completion. The guy can't get a break from you people.

He's fighting Maurice Green, who is a solid opponent just outside the UFC HW rankings. Seems like a reasonably fair level of competition for Hardy's 10th career professional MMA fight.

When he fought a ranked guy (Volkov), everyone said it was too soon and he's getting special treatment from the UFC, and its BS. When he fights lower ranked guys, people give him shit for not fighting tough completion. The guy can't get a break from you people.

He's fighting Maurice Green, who is a solid opponent just outside the UFC HW rankings. Seems like a reasonably fair level of competition for Hardy's 10th career professional MMA fight.

I thought Hardy did better in the Volkov fight than most expected him to do. Especially considering it was short notice.

Maurice in no slouch either. Should be a solid test to see where Hardy stands in the pecking order.

He’s show slight improvements. Had a good outing his last fight. Looks like he’ll continue to fight mid level HWs.

Anyone else besides me think he actually regressed in terms of effectiveness?

Hardy definitely learned how to pace himself better and got a little more fluid with his strikes, but his power was his only real threat. Now he's just your typical low level HW.

Hardy going for broke in the 1st minute was at least a threat.

I thought Hardy did better in the Volkov fight than most expected him to do. Especially considering it was short notice.

Maurice in no slouch either. Should be a solid test to see where Hardy stands in the pecking order.

He fights in this weird sparring mode and seems to be always performing to the level of his competition.

Barely gets past Ben Sosoli and other slow gaited marsupials, but hangs in there with Volkov without getting blown away.

Pretty interesting.

heard he was hanging out with Rachel Hard... erm Ostovich

Greene is a fair opponent for him. He's a kickboxer by trade, but has put a ton of work into his ground game. Several subs on his record and he actually survived an entire round on the bottom against Oleinik. Made him burn his arms out attempting the same scarf hold he later used against Lewis. Then nearly knocked him out on the feet at the beginning of Round 2 before Aleksei managed to take him down and secure the belly-down armbar. Not a bad showing all things considered.

As much as I dislike Hardy personally, he's had some decent (but far from spectacular) showings. He was losing striking exchanges against de Castro and I suspect probably would have lost the rest of the fight at the rate it was going. But then he checked one of Yorgan's kicks and injured dude's foot and that was all it took to turn the tide and force Castro into a state of total passive cruise control for the rest of the bout. Frustrating to watch, but fair play on Greg's part and a show of decent fight IQ.

Likewise, he filled in against a Top 10 Heavyweight in Volkov and went all 3 rounds with him, kept fighting despite breaking his hand. He got outstruck, but that's to be expected especially since he took the fight on short notice against a far more experienced opponent. Of course, one must also remember that Volkov was coming off a brutal knockout loss himself and the way he fought made it look like he had some jitters to shake out. But regardless, Greg held his own well enough. He seems to make slight incremental improvements each time he goes out.

Regardless of who wins, I'd be open to them fighting Blagoy or somebody.

Last edited:
Back