Media Submission of the Year (Scorpion Crunch)

Unrelated crunch, looked like he was trying to set a triangle for awhile before settling on this one. Not sure why dude didn't try to posture up at all.

Last edited:
Holy shit...I’ve literally never seen that before? It looks like it wouldn’t be that difficult to set up in guard, likely far easier then a triangle no?
heard John say that this Submission is common in children's competition because their rib cage is weak at young age. The chick that got submitted is 19 years old. I don't think any male fighter has or ever will tap to that stuff.

Holy shit...I’ve literally never seen that before? It looks like it wouldn’t be that difficult to set up in guard, likely far easier then a triangle no?
I've seen leg scissor chokes set up like that around the neck, but around the midsection? It's a pain move more than anything, that girl must have thighs like Xenia to get the tap.

tapped my step dad with this when i was a teen. in a pool though and it was more like a floating guard but it worked. mostly because i had size and strength. plus he is a little pussy.
in mma? never thought i would see it

heard John say that this Submission is common in children's competition because their rib cage is weak at young age. The chick that got submitted is 19 years old. I don't think any male fighter has or ever will tap to that stuff.
Ah I see, even still it seems like if you’re the one on top, you could break it off somewhat easily by getting your arms inside, and pushing out

tenor.gif

Wild that that ended the fight.

I've seen leg scissor chokes set up like that around the neck, but around the midsection? It's a pain move more than anything, that girl must have thighs like Xenia to get the tap.
I mean, there was this whole trend many years ago about in shape women being able to crush watermelons with their thighs because they are supposed to have more thigh strength than men... maybe it’ll become the new “thing”

YVEXJoe.gif

Back