Why does everyone clown on Leon Edwards?

DivineMind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The man seems legit af, but he gets no respect in here.

Is it because the UFC brass hasn't been giving him good fights, so people backwards rationalize that he's a joke ?

As far as I can tell, he's a serious contender and is top5 in a stacked division.

Why the lack of love for this man?

It's because like everyone else from Birmingham, he's boring.

Because he acted like a fool and got clowned

Leon-Edwards-aferra-640x300.jpg

I think it had a lot to do with the Jorge Masvidal sucker punching incident. Although if they ever fought in the cage, Edwards smashes Masvidal I think

As of right now it’s the main, #1 thing attached to Leon’s name

Because he's a boring point fighter with no personality. His thrash talk also sucks

I think people sour on him because for one he's not that exciting, and his best Wins were against Cowboy and RDA, he's also jealous of Burns for taking his spot despite having FAR better wins and performances in the short time he's been at 170.

Leon's talented, but nobody cares about him because he doesn't give people a reason to care.

Because he's a boring point fighter with no personality. His thrash talk also sucks

So if he just acted like a genuine guy instead of trying to trash people for a fight, you'd like him more ?

He's like a real life Hans Moleman. No matter how much he wins and keeps doing the right thing, he just gets pushed around and forgotten about like Hans Moleman.

So if he just acted like a genuine guy instead of trying to trash people for a fight, you'd like him more ?
The problem is he doesn't have a personality. Someone like Gilbert has talked trash before but he actually has a personality and people can back him

I got nothing against the guy.

But why is he not taking the fight against Wonderboy? He needs to get over the fact that Masvidal and Colby aren't fighting him and he's definitely not getting a title shot.

All i know is that a Leon Scott vs Snoozeman rematch would be like the movie Inception

You fall into a deeper layer of sleep with each passing round

he's boring as hell on every interview. has the voice of a choirboy. zero personality.

there are guys in the UFC like zabit who can't even speak English who have more personality.

At this point his best option is to fight chamaev and try to take some of that hype.

He's talking more than he's fighting and his fighting's not very entertaining.
You just described Khabib yet everyone loves him, Masvidal punching him has made him a Sherdog joke

The man seems legit af, but he gets no respect in here.

Is it because the UFC brass hasn't been giving him good fights, so people backwards rationalize that he's a joke ?

As far as I can tell, he's a serious contender and is top5 in a stacked division.

Why the lack of love for this man?

He's a great fighter and defo deserves more respect than hes getting but occasionally, he can come across as slightly hypocritical. ITs like when he accuses Colby and Masvidal of ducking him but i dont think hes responded to Wonderboys callout. Its also this "I deserve a title shot or a big fight" because Im on an 8 fight winning streak, almost some kinda weird victim mentality. Its like your not the only one who has had to win multiple fights in a row to get a TS:

Cowboy was on an 8 UFC fight streak before his titleshot (he fought 3 times in 4 months or something crazy):
Usman was on a 9 UFC fight streak before his titleshot.
Khabib was on a 9 UFC fight streak before his titleshot
Holloway was on a 10 UFC fight streak before his titleshot.
Tony won 12 UFC fights in a row and never recieved an official UFC title shot.

Unfortunatley, Leons style, whilst effective and technical, isnt particularly exciting, especially for a striker, so what its probably better for his career if he stopped bemoaning and actually fought, especially since its been 14 months since his last win.

He's the odd man out since Covid and Burns and Colby stole his win over Woodley from him.

I fully believe Leon would have finished Woodley emphatically.

He is not a finisher so Sherdog decided to dump on the guy.

Back