Why aren't more fighters doing what Khamzat is doing?

Azeroth Adventurer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Especially with upcoming fighters that want to reach the top. They should know by now how much more beneficial it is for them to fight frequently and put themselves out there in the MMA community. Khamzat is on the cusp of becoming the next Conor Mcgregor or Khabib and with the UFC behind him it's almost a certainty. I'd like to see more crazy personalities that have ability to perform and fight frequently like Khamzat but I can't figure out why more fighters aren't doing this?

Well he has a grapple-heavy style and he’s only fought unranked opponents. While his bonus money for each fight far outweighs his pay, he has a strong incentive to do this and make 2-300k a year for 2020. Next year he will likely finish his 3/4 fight contract and sign a bigger deal and take on ranked opponents.

Colby, Khabib, Usman, Kevin Lee etc can all do the same if they fought unranked opponents, but there would be no incentive at this point.

There are levels to this. It's called talent

Reactions: JAL
because they cant walk the walk
Most people don’t dominate fights quite like Khamzat does, thus, there is always an injury or a medical suspension. Also takes balls.

But they should at least try because even if people hate them then they'll still tune into to watch them lose just like they did with the Conor clone that got ko'ed. I forgot his name, I think it was Maguilacutty or something but the point is everyone was tuning in to see him and they still do to some degree. From what I remember the UFC were talking about signing him but then he lost and if he manages to get some big wins then everyone will be paying attention to him again

It’s because the MW weight cut isn’t as harsh on him than WW which would be the natural division he would fight in

lol OK

Why didnt GM3 do it?

Cos he CANT.

Especially with upcoming fighters that want to reach the top. They should know by now how much more beneficial it is for them to fight frequently and put themselves out there in the MMA community. Khamzat is on the cusp of becoming the next Conor Mcgregor or Khabib and with the UFC behind him it's almost a certainty. I'd like to see more crazy personalities that have ability to perform and fight frequently like Khamzat but I can't figure out why more fighters aren't doing this?
who else is beating everybody within one round without a scratch on his face or body?

Because Khamzat hasn't been hurt in any fight. I'm sure if he gets hurt he won't be fighting so frequently
It isnt just that,the way cards are made and where they are made in light of the pandemic has also made it interesting. Its kind of like a throwback to PRIDE era,where some guys would go to japan,fight,stay a few weeks and fight again.

Last edited:
What he's doing is not normal, he's the exception. Also most fighters are not as good when they debut, so they don't get to sandbag for their first few fights, before fighting equal level competition. This guy is probably something like if Ben Askren started off by fighting unranked cans, he could fight twice a month too for a while

he's already on normal schedule, his next fight supposed to be in december

Maybe because the metagame is evolving quickly and a big part of the competition could not follow : More wrestling, less subs more G&P, more calve kick, less knee, better use of the cage when grappling, etc. Also, only a few can show up with performance of total domination like he did. To make it simple like firas zahabi said : "there is level on this game, so many."

Yo Willis!

Did you forget about Gilbert Burns?
He bulldozed his way to a title shot between 2019-2020
He was Khamzat at welterweight before Khamzat was at welterweight.

01. Injuries & surgeries
02. Lack of work ethic
03. They don't recover fast enough after a fight (alcohol, shitty diet, brain damage)
04. Unwilling to get punches in the head (weird, I know)
05. "I need a full camp" excuse (proceeds to gas in the second round)
06. pumpkinpie/pancakes/fries/cake/chicken
07. The lack of money excuse, not getting paid enough
08. Too busy streaming on Twitch
09. Only fans gets you more bang for your buck
10. Family reasons, wifes before fights
11. They need to get rid of the PEDS in the system
12. Working as a firefighter or selling houses
13. "The event is in Brazil and me no wanna go there" excuse
14. They know they will lose the next fight because their opponent is better
15. Busy on Twitter and Insta

Back