Teddy Atlas is all in on MMA

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score

tenor.gif

alot more of the old school boxing heads have been getting more pro MMA over the years. Even the ones who used to despise and shit on MMA. Teddy was almost on polar opposite side of pro MMA talks and hes fallen for the sport

Only because there are no boxing events on and he needs something to talk about on his podcast.

Which is a good podcast btw.

He was already really favoring MMA pre shutdown

Hes gotten very close with Poirier in the past couple years in particular

If you have an advantage, you have to take advantage of it.
- Teddy Atlas

Yeah I wouldn't have expected it

Did he mention TYson?

Yeah I wouldn't have expected it

Yeah he said most MMA matchups at the top level are lions VS lions while for boxing its more feeding time at the zoo. Considering the matchups some of the top boxers have been in in recent years its hard to disagree

Loma and Crawford are most likely top 3 P4P guys and their resumes are extremely thin to put it lightly. Loma/Lopez is at least a gureat fight but Buds career at this point is just embarrassing with the matchmaking

I remember in the pre-fight program before Mayweather-McGregor on Showtime (with Brendan Schaub, remember? :D), Teddy Atlas said something to the effect of the UFC/MMA is doing everything "right" where pro boxing is getting everything wrong. Something along the lines. I don't remember the context, or what he meant exactly by that sort of statement, but suffice to say he's been paying attention to UFC for a couple of years at least now.

Teddy Atlas washed up out of Boxing years ago, he’s just looking for another sport to leech on to.

What has this guy contributed to boxing in recent years lol?

As someone who only watches boxing for Tyson Fury, I’m glad Teddy is coming on board. He is maybe the only boxing guy I’d tune in to.

Back