Jon Jones vs Israel Adesanya

No one cares about this matchup. Skinny doesn't want any of Jones smoke and he is not relevant to even be mentioned fighting against Jones.

Jones > 15 abysses > Adesanya. There are levels to this.

Next.

<JonesLaugh>
dZNhY9D.gif

Jones pokes Adesanya in the eye early then clearly wins another close decision that has everyone screaming that Adesanya won when in fact he lost 3 rounds.

Izzy by not entering the cage triggered in envy.

I honestly think Izzy beats current Jon Jones. Prime Pre USADA Jon Jones is a different story.

Jones by grappling

I think this would be a fight where Jones would want to win against the opponent's strength to prove a point. Jones would still have plenty of reach, I don't think he's faced as good a striker as Israel though, that would be very interesting.

Jones would literally rip one of Izzy's arms off right now.

Jon Jones apparently is not in his prime anymore. So Adesanya makes this fight closer than most would think. But I don't think they're going to fight anytime soon. 2022 the earliest.

Jon wins a boring striking match. Izzy looks clueless when dealing with a striker longer, bigger and taller than him.

Jones just has to last on the feet long enough to use his wrestling. Izzys TDD is not fucking with Jones wrestling abilities, when it hits the ground its hellbows into submission.

Despite all the comparisons Izzy is not The Spider. Silva was a BJJ wizard and fighters knew the ground was not that much safer so in many cases they kept it standing, Izzy as far as I know is mediocre at best when it comes to grappling.

Does Izzy stand a chance? Sure but elite strikers usually get tooled by well rounded wrestlers minus The Spider who was pretty elite both on the ground and standing, imo

People here really think Jones is still in his prime, he hasn’t looked good in years and it’s evident his striking and wrestling have greatly declined.

Majority of people had him losing to Reyes and he really struggled to take him down (2 of 9 TDS) before that won another razor thin decision against a career middleweight journeyman on one leg (Santos), Wasn’t able to finish another career middleweight journeyman (Anthony Smith) and was also only 3 of 8 on his TDS in that fight. His last decent win was a washed Gus who got finished by Anthony Smith immediately after and finished by a fat 43 year old post USADA Werdum after that.

Izzy wins and makes it look easy.

JBJ would win the fistfight in the mixed martial arts contest!

Back