So Romero is still the 2nd best middleweight in the world

ImmigrantMentality

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all he demolished whitaker in the rematch, a fight most believe Romero should have won.
Secondly, he is way more durable than Costa is and would have stopped Costa if it was 5 rounds. I thought maybe Costa had Yoel's durability but he certainly doesn't. He was done after the first round of leg kicks where Yoel never seemed to be bothered by them. The head kick hurt Costa too and Yoel ate a couple of those no problem. Yoel is still the second best fighter in the division and the toughest challenge for Israel in my opinion. I think he might do better in a rematch like he did with Whitaker as well

I think you're right in the fact that he's probably the only guy that Izzy can't finish. But unlikely that he could ever beat Izzy. Not to mention he's 43 years-old and would need several big W's before getting another chance at him, so it's not happening. The dream of Yoel being champ seems to be over.

No. You have to go by records and head to head fights. Romero is behind on both. Nice try though.

I like Rob, but having Jared finish him impressively will give us an exciting new contender.

I like Rob, but having Jared finish him impressively will give us an exciting new contender.
I'd like to see Cannonier get a titleshot as well but I'm pretty confident he would get knocked out by either Adesanya or Romero

He's #1

His only real loss is the first Whittaker fight

I'd like to see Cannonier get a titleshot as well but I'm pretty confident he would get knocked out by either Adesanya or Romero
Yeah.. I think Cannonier is a bit overrated these days.

But I like him against Izzy for the fact that he is patient and loves to break legs. So Adesanya will have to work.

The best athlete the UFC has ever seen

Even Paulo Costa said something about how its impossible to look that good and be that athletic at that age.

To that say, stop eating Açai, and start eating Cuban rice and beans.........

<RomeroSalute>

He does have the 2nd best collection of wins in the division right now, and was only soundly defeated once.
the first whittaker fight was pretty clear imo. whittaker had a busted up knee even for 4 rounds.

He's #1

His only real loss is the first Whittaker fight
He didn't beat Adesanya. No mental gymnastics can lead to Romero winning that fight. He clearly lost rounds 2,3 and 4.

It's like the BJ Penn fanboys saying BJ won the 1st GSP fight. He clearly lost rounds 2 and 3 and you have to make shit up to reason how your boy won.

Next time Romero gets a titleshot, perhaps he shouldn't be terrified to engage the champion.

He got gifted a win against Jacare, and had to cheat to beat Tim Kennedy, yet everyone bangs on about how unlucky Romero's been with decisions. SMH, he has the worst fanboys.

Reactions: G10
He got gifted a win against Jacare, and had to cheat to beat Tim Kennedy, yet everyone bangs on about how unlucky Romero's been with decisions. SMH.

1st round could have been easily scored 10-8 vs Jacare, an a other round was a flicpoin
Kennedy cheated before him, and he got KTFO
I think he was only unlucky vs Whittaker II though

He got gifted a win against Jacare, and had to cheat to beat Tim Kennedy, yet everyone bangs on about how unlucky Romero's been with decisions. SMH, he has the worst fanboys.
He didnt get gifted anything with Jacare. In the kennedy fight, kennedy held his glove which is how romero gotted rocked in the first place so it all worked out fairly in the end.

He didn't beat Adesanya. No mental gymnastics can lead to Romero winning that fight. He clearly lost rounds 2,3 and 4.

It's like the BJ Penn fanboys saying BJ won the 1st GSP fight. He clearly lost rounds 2 and 3 and you have to make shit up to reason how your boy won.

Next time Romero gets a titleshot, perhaps he shouldn't be terrified to engage the champion.

He didn't clearly lose 2 and in the real world many including ppl in the media scored 1,2,5 for him

As far as engaging Yoel wasn't the one on his bike and straight up running in some exchanges

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ruv
Back