UFC P4P rankings: Israel #3, Stipe #4.

Israel's last 5 fights: Anderson, Kelvin, Whittaker, Yoel, and Costa.
Stipe's last 5 fights: JDS, Big Frank, and DC x3 (one loss).

Also Israel's been far more active. Not much issue with Israel being ahead of Stipe in a P4P ranking.
I think the loss to DC stands out to me...have to take that into account right? Izzy hasn’t needed to go with anyone multiple times cause he’s never lost.

1. Jones
2. Khabib
3. Adesanya
4. Miocic
5. Usman

Adesanya has overtaken stipe. do you think the Paulo and Kelvin wins count for more than beating DC x2 and Ngannou ?
I would have Usman above both Izzy and Stipe.

1. Jones
2. Khabib
3. Usman
4. Izzy
5. Stipe

Usman deserves respect

I think the loss to DC stands out to me...have to take that into account right? Izzy hasn’t needed to go with anyone multiple times cause he’s never lost.

Anderson win is a joke (he was old, past prime). He arguably lost to Romero, I scored it for Yoel. Gastelum was a close fight that hasn't aged well.

On the other hand Izzy is undefeated in the UFC, that's the only reason he's ranked higher imo. I'd put Stipe 3rd personally.

Anderson win is a joke (he was old, past prime). He arguably lost to Romero, I scored it for Yoel. Gastelum was a close fight that hasn't aged well.

On the other hand Izzy is undefeated in the UFC, that's the only reason he's ranked higher imo. I'd put Stipe 3rd personally.
Ok, I mean, that’s a very one sided take.

KG was obviously in much better form vs Izzy than he has been after, and he’s always struggled with motivation, so it’s not surprising his next performances were confusing.

If you scored the Yoel fight that way you’re doing it wrong

Ok, I mean, that’s a very one sided take.

KG was obviously in much better form vs Izzy than he has been after, and he’s always struggled with motivation, so it’s not surprising his next performances were confusing.

If you scored the Yoel fight that way you’re doing it wrong

Idk about that. I'll die on the Hill of Jones>Santos, Reyes 1,2,3 > Jones, Romero > Izzy, Tibau>=Khabib.

These are my takes.

Adesanya is undefeated and more active than stipet who has only fought 2 fighters in 2 years.

PS : how come is Jones still in the ranking ? I thought that he was out of every ranks

Israel's last 5 fights: Anderson, Kelvin, Whittaker, Yoel, and Costa.
Stipe's last 5 fights: JDS, Big Frank, and DC x3 (one loss).

Also Israel's been far more active. Not much issue with Israel being ahead of Stipe in a P4P ranking.
I'm out of likes but "like" this.

Yes. In terms of SKILL level yes Izzy's opponents were more SKILLED. Francis is a mutherfucker to beat but in terms of skill level Izzy should be ranked ahead based on his wins.

Anderson win is a joke (he was old, past prime). He arguably lost to Romero, I scored it for Yoel.

tenor.gif

You seriously think Izzy's win of Anderson Silva in his second to last fight before being TKO'd by a leg kick via Cannonier should count for anything significant?

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/10985/Israel-Adesanya-vs-Yoel-Romero

also that ^ about 40% of people scored it for Romero on media cards and one was a draw. It was an extremely uneventful fight, idk why people think Izzy definitely won that fight, he didn't. That fight was closer than Hendricks-GSP easily, it was closer than Reyes-Jones imo. I'm sure no one has rewatched it so we're all going off night of scoring, but I recall scoring it for Romero 48-47 barely. Could it go 48-47 for Izzy? Sure. But it was a horrible fight.

You seriously think Izzy's win of Anderson Silva in his second to last fight before being TKO'd by a leg kick via Cannonier should count for anything significant?

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/10985/Israel-Adesanya-vs-Yoel-Romero

also that ^ about 40% of people scored it for Romero on media cards and one was a draw. It was an extremely uneventful fight, idk why people think Izzy definitely won that fight, he didn't. That fight was closer than Hendricks-GSP easily, it was closer than Reyes-Jones imo. I'm sure no one has rewatched it so we're all going off night of scoring, but I recall scoring it for Romero 48-47 barely. Could it go 48-47 for Izzy? Sure. But it was a horrible fight.

The only reason I feel like you can't score that fight for Romero is he was the one stalling it out.

People like to pretend that was a "takes 2 to tango" situation but realistically 1 fighter refused to fight. I'm glad it happened like that though because I feel like the backlash made Izzys style better.

I'd be ok with it as well except for the method by which DC won.

That said Adesanya is undefeated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back