Booking Thompson vs Chimaev is reckless matchmaking

DatSamboKid

Muay Khao
@red
Reaction score
I just heard the news about this recent booking. Don’t get me wrong, I love the hype train. Khamzat’s first 3 UFC performances were very impressive, but I don’t think it justifies a top 5 opponent.

John Phillips was 1-3 in the UFC
Rhys McKee was 0-0
Gerald Meerschaert was 6-5

Why rush him to top 5 level talent?
Why not start with top 15 level talent? Magny, Chiesa, Neal, Pettis... nay?
I feel some Uriah Hall TUF 17 vibes.

With that being said, I’m thankful to have the opportunity to witness what can potentially be the fastest and greatest rise to UFC gold.

Because Wonderboy would execute him?
Right....?

So... is this fight done?? Wonderboy vs Chimaev? I thought it was just Dana saying they were working on it.

Nah, i'm happy to see him face someone of that calber. Tired of seeing hype threads about this guy who hasn't beat a ranked opponent. Now we will see whether he is the real deal or not.

They’re betting big on Khamzat, if Khamzat runs through these divisions he will be like a Conor level superstar

Wonderboy is a dangerous fight for anybody when he's at his best. If Khamzat beats him, everyone knows we've got a new superstar in MMA. If not, he can hopefully bounce back and get better.

Burns has the next shot at WW, Colby and Mas are gonna fight, and nobody wants to fight Edwards. Wonderboy makes sense for Khamzat. One of the toughest fights he has at WW imo

This isn't a good fight. I want to see Wonderboy vs one of these wrestlers first (Colby or Usman).

Don't wanna see Chimaev lose in points to wb

riiiight

because wonderboy vs pettis was bad matchmaking too ?

i'm still picking chamaev as the favorite in this.

Colby vs Mas is likely going to be scheduled
Usman and Burns obviously fighting
Dana said Leon is out of the question
Dana said his opponent is a ranked fighter

That leaves Wonderboy, Chiesa, Magny, Niko Price and Pettis as potential fights for Chimaev.

Price just went through a war and unlikely will fight this year anymore. The matchup with Chiesa is high risk/low-reward fight and Pettis is unlikely to accept the matchup.

That leaves Wonderboy and Magny. Both are solid matchups.

Book it Dana

upload_2020-9-28_20-19-41.gif

Paulo Costa went from 2 cans to fat Johny to Uriah Hall to Yoel Romero then a title shot

Let them bang bro

wonderboy already said he ain't fighting chimaev.
chimaev vs maia is alright. i'd rather watch him vs holland but i get they want to get him a big name under his belt.

Yeah they are rushing him. He has not fought any good strikers yet. He should fight a Tavares, or lower ranked striker so we could see if he has that caliber. Maybe beg Kevin Lee? those two fights make much more sense that Wonderboy

Wonderboy probly gonna face Leon.

Neil Magny is probly Khamzat's next opponent

Cheisa/Chimaez makes more sense

Colby vs Mas is likely going to be scheduled
Usman and Burns obviously fighting
Dana said Leon is out of the question
Dana said his opponent is a ranked fighter

That leaves Wonderboy, Chiesa, Magny, Niko Price and Pettis as potential fights for Chimaev.

Price just went through a war and unlikely will fight this year anymore. The matchup with Chiesa is high risk/low-reward fight and Pettis is unlikely to accept the matchup.

That leaves Wonderboy and Magny. Both are solid matchups.

Book it Dana

View attachment 802326
Yeah I'd say if everything works out then at 170lbs, it should look like this :

Masvidal vs Colby 100%
Usman v Burns 100%
Wonderboy vs Edwards
Chimaev vs either Chiesa or Magny or Luque

Magny please
let-me-bang-bro.gif

Back