Juan Espino needs to be taken seriously.

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I get it. He's old. He's slow. He's been fighting for over 10 years. He's riddled with injuries. He's one dimensional.

But this is HW. Espino is a decorated grappler. He won TUF against much younger, hungrier competitors in dominating fashion. He's now making short work of other competitors in the UFC. All this, because he actually has a ground game. Juan Espino is a contender.

Yeah, he can still do well, because not many HW's can match his grappling. I think his wrestling is better than Oleinik's too, which gives him more of a chance of getting it there.

Shame that being KO'd quickly by Minakov back in the day before anyone knew who he was seemed to put him off MMA for a while, if he'd known how good Minakov really was, I imagine he would have stuck it out and be a lot further along now.

He's old, he's slow, he's been fighting for over 10 years and... I've never heard of him.

He's good yeah, I rate him, but like others have said......too old. I'd have him fight someone like Chase Sherman next.

I get it. He's old. He's slow. He's been fighting for over 10 years. He's riddled with injuries. He's one dimensional.

But this is HW. Espino is a decorated grappler. He won TUF against much younger, hungrier competitors in dominating fashion. He's now making short work of other competitors in the UFC. All this, because he actually has a ground game. Juan Espino is a contender.
He should fight more often like Khamzat because the time is ticking against him.
With his wrestling he could easily finish a few guys in the 1st round

Its weird seeing a spanish guy in MMA

The best MMA fighter ever from Spain is still Dani Tabera, even if the guy could not have more shit going against him in his career, starting by having the worst manager ever.

> Faced Jan Blachowick, Glover Teixeira and Ricco Rodrigez in a span of 3 months....being himself a WW¡! <Eek2.0> Only got finished by Jan.
> Got robbed vs the much bigger Gilbert Yvel, Roman Zentsov and Mamed Khalidov in Russia/Poland
> Beat LHW standouts in the European circuit Attila Veigh, Mikhail Zayats and Vyacheslav Vasilevski among others.

...all this being a small sized WW by modern standards, coming from a country with no MMA culture whatsoever, let alone public or social support of any kind.

A very respectful individal too. Huge respect for Daniel Tabera.

full

Hope Espino makes a solid run btw

I mean he fought 6 times in 2017 before going to TUF and winning that. So idk if I'd say "riddled with injuries" but older guys can defintley have success at HW.

Back