I don't get it (DFW v ScoCo)

CannotWin

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
People around these parts like to shit on Dana White for doing his Dana things. Fine. Dude is no angel, etc, but when people turn and talk about Scott Coker like the man is a genius or true MMA promoter, I have to ask...

Did we fucking forget the guy almost killed Dada 5000 on TV? He sanctioned that BS, which is way worse than any CM Punk fight I have ever seen. Two weeks on the hospital, claiming he was pronounced dead, etc, all for the freak show of it.

I am curious to hear you Coker defenders. This dude almost had a man killed for money on TV. He is either stupid, just that greedy.

Dada taught us about surprise life!

Thanks Scott!

It's like when grass breaks through concrete in order to grow - it shows the power of nature. We admire that resilience.

Because apart from the impressive physiques of Sherdoggers, most of us are actually emotionally immature man-child who take joy in being intentionally oppositional. Dana White is 10 times the promoter Scott Coker is. He has his flaws (Reebok deal, cursing fighters out), but he is the face of an organization that brought stability to the sport and legitimized it in the US

I really don't get the hate on Dana, the dude is running his business like a businessman, and has done so very successfully.

People around these parts like to shit on Dana White for doing his Dana things. Fine. Dude is no angel, etc, but when people turn and talk about Scott Coker like the man is a genius or true MMA promoter, I have to ask...

Did we fucking forget the guy almost killed Dada 5000 on TV? He sanctioned that BS, which is way worse than any CM Punk fight I have ever seen. Two weeks on the hospital, claiming he was pronounced dead, etc, all for the freak show of it.

I am curious to hear you Coker defenders. This dude almost had a man killed for money on TV. He is either stupid, just that greedy.
Firstly he booked it but the commission sanctioned it not Coker.
Secondly you don't think Dana has had people killed for less???

JK of course.

Coker receives loads of hate these days because of the way he is running Bellator. not alot of Coker fans left on these boards if you ask me so i dont understand why you think everyone is on Coker's nuts.

Because apart from the impressive physiques of Sherdoggers, most of us are actually emotionally immature man-child who take joy in being intentionally oppositional. Dana White is 10 times the promoter Scott Coker is. He has his flaws (Reebok deal, cursing fighters out), but he is the face of an organization that brought stability to the sport and legitimized it in the US

Not only is Dana the face of the UFC, he is the one that brought the Fertitta's into the business and turned a money losing company that was UFC back then into what it has become now. Mma might have never become "mainstream" without Dana.

Scott can't even show his fighters names on the screen during their fights.
I really do wish that Bellator could be better by the way. I really enjoyed it when we had two great organisations back in the early 2000s. Pride and the UFC. But alas ...

They’re both pretty bad...

Also, don’t forget that White had Bobby from King of the Hill fight Branden Lee Hinkle, because the guy was internet famous from his fight with Kimbo Slice...

Thankfully, he didn’t end up in serious condition like Dada 5000, but he took a hellacious beating and was actually in the hospital for three weeks...

White actually brought that fight up to take a shot at EliteXC...

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/2/5/145753/4905

Nobody defends Coker. He's a terrible promoter. But he seems like an honest person.

Dana on the other side is a top notch promoter but he's a scumbag.

I hardly ever see anyone on here say a good work about Coker.

Scott has never purposefully put a fighter in danger. And he is fundamentally a better human being and cares about fighters far more than Dana.

Scott has never purposefully put a fighter in danger. And he is fundamentally a better human being and cares about fighters far more than Dana.

Based on what? Im not saying you're wrong as I dont know but its not like Bellayor pays better than the UFC and theyre funded by Viacom, theyre not exactly short of funds either.

Edit. Im questioning the care of fighters, not the putting them in danger. Both are guilty of that for me at one point.

Back