Essay: I found Usman and Colby to be both more likable personality in comparison to Adesanya (1589w)

• Thread starter Deleted member 571517
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 571517

Not to take anything from Israel, that was a performance of the night material, with his evasiveness and beautiful striking prowess he posseses.

I mean realistically speaking nobody can doubt Israel's talent after that 2 rounds demolition.
It's hard to bet against Israel unless if you can get a good pressure-grappler to fight and perform well in the Middleweight division, there is just no striking variation that can turn the tide against Israel.

And with that being said,

I found both Usman and Colby to be more likable personality in comparison to Adesanya.

Part 1: Usman as a Person, Media Figure and Personality

Usman personality is like a blank paper, he's not someone that knows what to say exactly in front of the camera so he improvises thing - for him to just get a pass, Usman may unable to present himself as a charismatic figure - but deep buried beneath all that - you know that he means well. There is no 'off' vibes coming from Usman. He's just someone that cannot handle small talk as he does naturally every single time the focus or the camera is on him.

He's not trained to handle commercial aspect of the sport, the way the bravado that Conor does, nor focus, calm and collected Khabib when he is the center of the attention.

Part 2: Colby's Investment in Harboring Villaneous Archetype to Manufacture Long Term Relevancy

Real Colby before him enacting himself as Republican Supervillain, contrasting the mainstream Populist Liberal view who controlled most of corporations, universities, films and entertainment industries by standing at the opposite pole of those belief, was your normal, intuitively respectful fighter in UFC roster.

To saturate the heel image, Colby did spent a lot of time writing his material, and then rehearsed it in front of the mirror - until he gets his lines right. The materials are sometimes good and funny, yet as we know very much so controversial - and political polarity from both sides can't wait to either address support or hate toward Colby. The focus is in the material he prepared - and Colby wanted us to believe that it is him saying does thing, that it is not his image, that is him. Colby really wanted his acting to be believable although he did stuttered his line sometimes, we did forgive such mistakes by either liking the guy or bluntly hating him.

The materials that we had heard from Colby will evoke spontaneous reaction, in which you will feel challanged by things he said those were downright displeasing - but - is there are actually any line in that provocation that Colby specifically wouldn't cross?

Is there anything gross or public display of gracelessness that even to Colby is despicable?

Part 3: Post-fight Rituals When You Greenlight the Taboo

I'd been spending my third year in college reading Criminalogy books on serial killers and a few things that I had learned is not far off from either people assumption / self-developed knowledge on the subject:

Most of the people that grown to be serial killers as an adult, are usually people that had been abused as a child, either emotionally, physically or both by their caretakers that hold responsibility as their paternal and maternal figure, or as people that close to them that influencing the environment in the household.

Years of being a victim of both withhold love, withhold affection and to have continuous suppression of one individual voice to address rational thought and rational/natural need as a child - will developed the child, the individual need or yearning to have a sheer need for invincibility and a domineering power over other individuals.

This hole, this need to be powerful, later can only be filled and satisfied by committing the act of murder. There is nothing that feels as powerful as taking someone life with your own hand.

Being a serial killer, social or sexual taboo are no longer your main concern. By intentionally killing a man for pleasure, you had did the worst thing possible within the structure of society.

Sky is the limit if killing a man is basically to you like going for a swim or golfing. I mean the idea of despicable act such as either to rape the body of motionless victim, and to cook it and eat it is not an alienated ritual with serial killers.

Serial killers approach their murdering rituals like an artist, or better example, like a culinary artist: you weight every ingredient just right, your cook and mixed every ingredient just right, and after that your prepare the food on the plate with grace and in symmetry. Things those were happening in each second is curated by the accurate nuance derived from one's acute sense of taste in fine precision.

Serial killers acted in a similar way, in which they all have the specific personalized taste in their victim. (tall, blonde woman, curly hair or non-curly hair, in specific range of age, et cetera). A serial killer may be willing to stalk his victim for weeks to accurately retain the victim's schedule - and then to suit them to the date of the attack, and where the attack will take place, on where the victim either ought to be killed, keep or rape first.

Most serial killers have self-driven fantasy on what that will happened, unlike mass murderer (e.g. school shooter), serial killers killed with an intention to relive fantasy, to fulfill either sense of lust or personal desire, with absolutely no political motive at all. The main goal is to fulfill the self in repetition - the same way we desired to keep having breakfast in the morning. It is in your nature that you are hungry for murder so you just got to find your next meat and eat.

Part 4: Honor, Specifically on Post-fight Sportsmanship, to End the Feud & Character Assassination

I could imagine so many unpopular fighters in the roster, I could imagine so many unlikable personalities to endure humiliation that had been received by Adesanya in coming to the fight, as both he and Costa anticipate a back-and-forth verbal battle, and it is not entirely bias to say that Israel lost that war, and then for them, for these unpopular fighters in the roster to imitate Adesanya post-fight antics, I just don't see the possibility for that to happen.

Many feuds do not end even after the fight is being stopped. When Khabib jumped out of the octagon, Khabib committed to himself that the exchange he had being the receiving end of Conor's verbal attack to be unrelievable, especially after the mauling. To has a win over Conor is not enough for Khabib because to him Conor's behavior and language leading to the fight is much worse in comparison to the beating and in-the-octagon humiliation that he just stretched out to Conor.

Israel felt the same way, to earn a complete domination win against Costa was unsatisfactory, he cannot endured being humiliated in pre-fight verbal battle against Costa.

Most feuds ended right after the final bell because the fighters know that the result of the fight matter the most in comparison to the beef and tension that both of the pros fighters had endured pre-fight.

Understandably when the tension is still high, and you wanted to be the most dominant man to have the final say in the matter, you will address your unsatisfaction in so many ways such as that you can humiliate your opponent in the post-fight interview in the octagon, or in the post-fight press conference.

It is definitely against the law but you can extend the resolution of your unsatisfaction by doing completely the similar thing like what Khabib did, by chasing your opponent teammate to stir a PR storm.

Verdict

As unlikable was Usman and Colby personality in the eye of the fans, I still however found both of the guys personality to be more favorable if I compared them side by side with Israel Adesanya.

I mean I cannot imagine either Usman, Colby or Conor to do that on a beat-up opponent. There is a taboo to simulate sexual acts especially to people those who were powerless to fight back.

It is not against the law to do that, nor it will reduce your 'popularity/perception' stock as an octagon fighter, but it will definitely generate interest to discuss the fighter character as a personable human being in a pejorative fashion.

I wanted to note here that I definitely can imagine Mike Perry to do that to a beat up opponent, but it is probably only be done due to Perry's own entertaining or humorous intent. Not with such spiteful intent.

The various qualitative distinction of human behavior in its uppermost spectrum comes with taste and class.

What's Next

It is easy to recognize Israel Adesanya as one of the most accomplished striker in the whole UFC roster.

It is hard to imagine him losing in the forseeable fight with the current matchup that Middleweight division can provide.

I cannot speak for everyone but I find it hard to root for Israel in his future bouts. But Israel definitely has nothing to lose as he is only losing 1 vote from the sea of fans. To those who are still rooting for Adesanya, please keep rooting and hyping him up for his future bouts. To those who are against Adesanya, we might actually share the same sentiment about the man.

TL;DR/Summary:
In this essay basically I'm addressing a short character study or summary on Usman and Colby, I reflected on the nature of taboo in society, the narrative progression of feud in between two fighters, and how I relate them with my own subjectivity and ethics.

God bless
thank you for reading,
may God be with ya.

p/s
s/o to drunkenmeatfist.x

Last edited by a moderator:
inb4 posting too long dont read with humorous gifs and pics

Imagine writing this

<1>

Not reading any of that.

Dear diary,

I sprained my taint.
D-

Worse performance than Costa. Take some advice, Erase this

Damn, an actual essay to tell us he is triggered by a certain fighter. I think that's a new one.
english is my second language, so im practicing by flexing, even if you guys werent reading this, still thank you for your attention

Not really an Israel fan but...

08df0678fd9be2c1c6b77e640bd209df.gif

TLDR motherfucker
I combined the introduction and what i wrote in the end:
Not to take anything from Israel, that was a performance of the night material, with his evasiveness and beautiful striking prowess he posseses.

I mean realistically speaking nobody can doubt Israel's talent after that 2 rounds demolition.
It's hard to bet against Israel unless if you can get a good pressure-grappler to fight and perform well in the Middleweight division, there is just no striking variation that can turn the tide against Israel.

I found both Usman and Colby to be more likable personality in comparison to Adesanya.

What's Next

It is easy to recognize Israel Adesanya as one of the most accomplished striker in the whole UFC roster.

It is hard to imagine him losing in the forseeable fight with the current matchup that Middleweight division can provide.

I cannot speak for everyone but I find it hard to root for Israel in his future bouts. But Israel definitely has nothing to lose as he is only losing 1 vote from the sea of fans. To those who are still rooting for Adesanya, please keep rooting and hyping him up for his future bouts. To those who are against Adesanya, we might actually share the same sentiment about the man.

I combined the introduction and what i wrote in the end:

What's Next

Clearly you don't grasp the concept of TLDR.

<{vega}>

Back