Media Costa's performance gets roasted by ESPN anchor on Sportscenter (Chael interview)

When you see a certain style of fighter go away from everything that got them to where they are. You just have to shake your head. I don’t know what the hell Costa was doing. But it wasn’t remotely what I expected. And there is no possible way he could have done worse. That’s all I have to say.

So disappointing.

Props to Adesanya of course, but wtf?

you dont have to be an expert to know whats up about a fight-its that type of stuck up thinking that got joe rogan crushed by stephen a smith--dont be a ufc hipster

When you see a certain style of fighter go away from everything that got them to where they are. You just have to shake your head. I don’t know what the hell Costa was doing. But it wasn’t remotely what I expected. And there is no possible way he could have done worse. That’s all I have to say.

So disappointing.

He could have done worse. For example, he could've charged forward all the time, like he always does (and like he tried to do at the end). Then the same KO would happen a round earlier and people would say he was too reckless (like they said for Whittaker)

There's so much to this.

It was Costa's first 5 round fight and main event.
His cardio has seemed suspect.
He only beat 1 top ten guy.

I was never sold remotely.
He needs to work on some things and come back.

Gastelum has way more experience and is more well rounded that's why he faired better.

So disappointing.

Adesanya shut him down. That's what happened.

Costa did his usual shtick, it just didn't work. Izzy didn't let him cut the cage off (which Costa isn't good at to begin with) and the couple times he bum rushed, Izzy circled out easy.

Costa uses his kicks a lot to cut the cage as well when guys circle. And he definitely attempted that last night as well. His kicks were just immediately countered.

He could have done worse. For example, he could've charged forward all the time, like he always does (and like he tried to do at the end). Then the same KO would happen a round earlier and people would say he was too reckless (like they said for Whittaker)

Disagree.

If he'd gotten clipped coming forward while aggressively pressuring and throwing a ton strikes like he usually does, then the casual fans would be a lot more forgiving than seeing him taunt taunt Israel and act like smug jackass while getting picked apart.

He would've gotten clowned on social media either way, but the way that he fought made it worse.

Adesanya shut him down. That's what happened.

Costa did his usual shtick, it just didn't work. Izzy didn't let him cut the cage off (which Costa isn't good at to begin with) and the couple times he bum rushed, Izzy circled out easy.

Costa uses his kicks a lot to cut the cage as well when guys circle. And he definitely attempted that last night as well. His kicks were just immediately countered.

I couldn’t disagree more, but thanks for your opinion. I saw what I saw. And if you somehow thought you saw the same Costa last night as in every other UFC fight he’s had. We will never agree on it.

I couldn’t disagree more, but thanks for your opinion. I saw what I saw. And if you somehow thought you saw the same Costa last night as in every other UFC fight he’s had. We will never agree on it.

No shit you disagree, your post history shows you were picking Costa and that your analysis of this pre-fight was COMPLETELY wrong.

I called this fight going exactly the way it did for months. Trust me when I say you don't know what you watched.

Disagree.

If he'd gotten clipped coming forward while aggressively pressuring and throwing a ton strikes like he usually does, then the casual fans would be a lot more forgiving than seeing him taunt taunt Israel and act like smug jackass while getting picked apart.

He would've gotten clowned on social media either way, but the way that he fought made it worse.
I meant that Costa could have done worse as in he could've been knocked out faster. You're talking about casuals' reactions to the fight, those are different things.

In any case, I think the hate is mostly coming from Costa "fans" (or people who were saying he would dominate), it's just a way to justify their previous statements about the fight. "Yeah props to izzy bla bla but I was only wrong because Costa fought differently!" But it's not clear at all that fighting like he always does would be better. He probably wanted to save energy for a longer fight and tried to look for openings by provoking Izzy (if Costa was really in his head, maybe that would work). That's fine, it just didn't work

Costa looked like an amateur built on hype and running his mouth.

Costa should have come out guns blazing putting combos together, which is what got him to the title shot. Instead he waited, got picked appart, and TKOed. Bad strategy. His only shot at winning was throwing combos and hoping to catch Israel, instead he chose a counterstriking strategy and never got going.

There's so much to this.

It was Costa's first 5 round fight and main event.
His cardio has seemed suspect.
He only beat 1 top ten guy.

I was never sold remotely.
He needs to work on some things and come back.

Gastelum has way more experience and is more well rounded that's why he faired better.

This. See Gastelum record vs Costa record.

So disappointing.

thank you.

Its the amount of shit talking leading up to the fight. He really laid an egg out there and people were let down by it.

He tried to taunt and clown with izzy, Anderson tried that too, and is way the fook better at it and it didn’t work for him. Stupid as fug gameplan.

he NEEDED to walk him down, and make sure his defense was sharp and hurt the body against the cage, he needed to pressure him like he normally does and didn’t do that.

maybe he would have gotten ko’d faster who knows , but it is a better plan than what he did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back