Has your perspective shifted any in recent times of who wins between Jones / Izzy?

Who wins - Jon Jones / Israel Adesanya ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I'm starting to.

Originally I was leaning towards Jons physicality and wrestling / clinch work being too much for Adesanya.

But observing both of their recent few fights, I'm not so sure anymore.

Jon appears to be slowing down a bit and not as effective with his wrestling in his past few matches, whereas Israel seems to be getting even better overall as a mixed martial artist. His TDD is holding up, and he definitely has the better hands.

What do you think Sherbrahs? Who wins?

Pico Bones

tumblr_nqgtg90du81r7rea2o1_400.gif

Izzy. After the Reyes fight, i felt like Jones looks to be getting a little worse

I think Izzy has the height, speed, footwork, reach with his striking to take it to Jon

we dont know how strong Izzy is, but jones had a lot of trouble with an overblown MW like thiago santos.. jones could put izzy against the fence and uses his weight, izzy runs out of gas after 3 rds..jones takes him down and finishes adesanya

Jones is just too big for him, particularly since Jones is trying his hand at heavyweight now

jones is past his prime
his strike has regressed tremendously
maybe he needs a rival like adesanya to bring out the best in him, but i would favor current adesanya to beat current jones

prime for prime, jones takes it no question

I'm starting to.

Originally I was leaning towards Jons physicality and wrestling / clinch work being too much for Adesanya.

But observing both of their recent few fights, I'm not so sure anymore.

Jon appears to be slowing down a bit and not as effective with his wrestling in his past few matches, whereas Israel seems to be getting even better overall as a mixed martial artist. His TDD is holding up, and he definitely has the better hands.

What do you think Sherbrahs? Who wins?
What is crazy is Izzy looks like he is getting better in each fight. When does he peak?

How the hell does adesanya have 50 percent of the votes as of this comment?

Dude would get killed, you guys act like Jon was ever in trouble in his recent fights. He's a guy that likes to coast because he can. Izzy would get mauled.

Literally feel the exact same as you about this
@Arm Barbarian

Always thought Jones size would've been too much, even though i've thought for a good while that skill-wise, Izzy has what it takes to beat Jon.

Jon has incredible striking defense and a cement chin. Nothing tells me couldn't eat a shot, close the distance, and batter Izzy from the clinch and/or ground. It's a size thing at the end of the day though. Izzy's a MW alright, but not a big one. Jon's a big LHW.

Ultimately though, Jon's probably going to HW, so it'd have to happen there. Izzy would have C cups from the amount of roids he'd have to take to be competitive up there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back