Costa is... still a really good fighter

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Can people stop labelling fighters trash when they lose to literally the best guy in the world.

Costa fought like an idiot but i still think he’d beat most of the other MWs. Maybe not Rob... but Izzy is just different to all of these other MWs. The reach along with the tdd and striking is just too much for these guys. I’m sold

He didn't do shit. He froze. Props to Izzy for capitalizing tho. He looked sharp.

Costa is still my boy. Maybe the build up was too much? Idk. What's mind boggling is how calm and professional he looked before the fight. Made the easiest weight cut in his career.

Now in hindsight it's easy to say he wasn't ready.

There's no avoidance to fighting like an "idiot" for Costa.

Rush in like Whittaker to get KO'd in 2 minutes? Idiot
Wrestle and lose all his gas tank trying to take Adesanya down? Idiot

That said, he's one of the most exciting fighters to watch in the UFC and legit top 5. Izzy is just the perfect counter for his style

He fought extremely poorly last night. I have no possible idea why they came up with a cute game plan, when he's ultra effective by coming forward and killing you. It's how he's fought everyone.

Credit to IS thought because that's the best he's ever looked in his career.

That said, he's one of the most exciting fighters to watch in the UFC and legit top 5. Izzy is just the perfect counter for his style
Wrestling would def made sense. Atleast try

I hate when people say a fighter was 'never that good' after they lose

But... Costa was never that good. I was saying this before the fight, Adesanya was going to outclass him.

He has 1 good win over Romero.

I remember the good old days where you needed more than 1 ranked win to get a title shot...

I also will never be able to get that image of Costa faceplanting from fatigue on TUF Brazil out of my head

glass cannon.
Have you seen the Romero fight? Glass cannons can’t fight with constant forward pressure vs Yoel Fucking Romero for 3 straight rounds. Why don’t you think before you post.

Izzy was the better man there’s no shame in it. Costa is still a fucking animal and One of the top 2-3 MW fighters in the world currently.

Can people stop labelling fighters trash when they lose to literally the best guy in the world.

Costa fought like an idiot but i still think he’d beat most of the other MWs. Maybe not Rob... but Izzy is just different to all of these other MWs. The reach along with the tdd and striking is just too much for these guys. I’m sold
Yup

How did he fight like an idiot? He has to pace himself for a 5 round fight, his first mind you. Can’t hang on the outside too much cause he’ll get chewed up, he attempted to negate the range with kicks but they weren’t effective. Can’t pressure cause Israel circles out so well. I doubt grappling attempts would’ve swayed the outcome. Adesanya was just too much of a puzzle.

Exactly!!!

If Costa wants to improve he needs to change to a real camp, His training partners aren't good enough if you have championship aspirations.
He should move to ATT or even AKA for that matter.

He didn't do shit. He froze. Props to Izzy for capitalizing tho. He looked sharp.

Costa is still my boy. Maybe the build up was too much? Idk. What's mind boggling is how calm and professional he looked before the fight. Made the easiest weight cut in his career.

Now in hindsight it's easy to say he wasn't ready.
This is somewhat ironic coming from you. You made the thread posing the question about Paulo coming out more patient. Correction, stay on the outside and throw leg kicks.

I told you that would have been foolish and impossible to pull off. Truth is, the boy was fucked either way.

Have you seen the Romero fight? Glass cannons can’t fight with constant forward pressure vs Yoel Fucking Romero for 3 straight rounds. Why don’t you think before you post.

Izzy was the better man there’s no shame in it. Costa is still a fucking animal and One of the top 2-3 MW fighters in the world currently.
Yeah these knee jerk reactions only continue to prove the low IQ of MMA fans.

Last edited:
This is somewhat ironic coming from you. You made the thread posing the question about Paulo coming out more patient. Correction, stay on the outside and throw leg kicks.

I told you that would have been foolish and impossible to pull off. Truth is, the boy was fucked either way.
Atleast i suggested he would throw leg kicks. He didn't throw anything last night. Dude froze and Izzy took full advantage.

Back