Paulo Costa choked.

Alphakennybody20

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
My first thought when I saw him in that cage before the fight was that he showed no confidence. When I saw how nervous he was I immediately knew it was gonna be bad.

Paulo is a pressure fighter, who's biggest advantage is his rock solid body.

He lost badly, but wtf this guy tried to kick box w/ Adesanya at the centre of the cage, and whenever he did get Adesanya up against the cage he backed off...
He never really even tried to execute what should've been his gameplan.

Wtf was that shit.

shut the fuck up. Please.

Let's look at his UFC wins:

Garreth McLellan - Don't know who that is, unranked nobody
Oluwale Bamgbose - Don't know who that is, unranked nobody
Johny Hendricks - Post USADA and washed up, fighting in the wrong weight class
Uriah Hall - Decent win but he almost lost
Yoel Romero - He arguably lost that fight and this is his only good win

Let's look at his UFC wins:

Garreth McLellan - Don't know who that is, unranked nobody
Oluwale Bamgbose - Don't know who that is, unranked nobody
Johny Hendricks - Post USADA and washed up, fighting in the wrong weight class
Uriah Hall - Decent win but he almost lost
Yoel Romero - He arguably lost that fight and this is his only good win
the reason I told you to shut the fuck up is because it really doesn't even matter if he was ever "that good".

He had a chance to fight the champ, and his whole thing was that he was gonna chase izzy and take the fight to him, all he did in there was stay in Izzy's range for literally no reason the whole fight. It was clearly a choke job.

He also had chances to at-least try and work Adesanya on the cage, but he backed off back into izzy's range both times, its just like wtf.

the reason I told you to shut the fuck up is because it really doesn't even matter if he was ever "that good".

He had a chance to fight the champ, and his whole thing was that he was gonna chase izzy and take the fight to him, all he did in there was stay in Izzy's range for literally no reason the whole fight. It was clearly a choke job.

There was no game plan to be executed. He got completely out classed. If he tried to pressure then Israel would just counter and humiliate him. He took the easy way out when he realized he had no shot. Him fighting bums made you believe he was good enough to win this fight.

There was no game plan to be executed. He got completely out classed. If he tried to pressure then Israel would just counter and humiliate him. He took the easy way out when he realized he had no shot. Him fighting bums made you believe he was good enough to win this fight.
omfg you literally dont get it and its fine

Izzy was going to beat him 10/10 times. His style is ineffective against a smart striker with footwork and the ability to circle away fast and intelligent. He lost because Izzy is better.

Izzy may have that Jones thing where guys are ready to fight him until they aren’t. Then they are hypnotised whilst being kicked in the leg. Then they can’t fight once they relax.

Back