Media Conor fires back at Dana

I dont think Dana ever mentioned Conor turning down fights. He was just pissed off that Conor called out Diego Sanchez since a bout like that should not be sanctioned right now, given that Cowboy would absolutely murk Diego and we saw what Conor did to Cowboy. To Dana, it looked like a cop out.

I also think with the rise of other stars like Masvidal, Khabib, Adesanya and maybe Khamzat, Danas less likely to bend over and give Conor what he wants. He most likely has been involved in the Manny fight but probably wasnt thinking straight since he was pissed off that Conor leaked the DMs which is basically a slap in the face.

Dana/WME-IMG showed where the power in this dynamic lies when Conor blew up about retiring before and the rape allegations immediately landed on the front page of the NY Times. Dana is the promoter who Conor is under contract with at the end of the day, Dana loves money and is prepared to eat some shit to get it but there is a limit. Can see this MP fight ultimately failing to materialise tbh, which would not be a bad thing.

I don't recall Dana saying Conor didn't wanna fight Justin, if anything it was Gaethje that turned down Conor to focus on Khabib

Ei6rEnDXcAAe6rH

Back