Wonderboy explains why hes ducking Khamzat

Logically, this makes sense. I can see where WB stands here. Khamzy should fight: Chiesa, Magny, Neal, or Luque. All are ranked and all would be a great headliner for a fight night card

Rankings don't matter

No shit he's not taking this fight.

If I were him, I wouldn't take it either. What is there to gain?

This is BS and ducking the GOAT is blasphemy

It's hard to blame him. There's a good chance he ends up fighting him when/if Khamzat climbs the ranks at a later date. Wonderboy is in a precarious position right now where he only just now got back into the Top 5. Ever since beating Rory, he's 2-3-1. He's ostensibly still trying to make a title run despite his age and occasionally flip-flopping (made some noise about a money fight with Nick Diaz recently). In that regard, fighting a dangerous-as-fuck guy who's not ranked does little for him. If Khamzat fucks him up like his last unranked opponent did, he could lose his Top 5 position and this time there probably won't be any rebuilding. He gets resigned to a couple more years of gatekeeping before retiring.

Makes a lot more sense to just fight Edwards or somebody IMO. Let Khamzat fight Magny, who just called him out. Or Luque. Or shit, even Pettis if they're really desperate to pad the guy's record with a squash match. The first two would be much more competitive and my first choices though. And they're actually suitable opponents befitting Khamzat's status and accomplishments thus far.

Who is this goof talking over WB

His brother. Tony, I think. They call him "Sweet T" on their YouTube account. Helps run it and edits the videos, also helps with technique demonstrations and is an all-around active part of WB's channel.

You guys are nuts. I'm on the Khamzat train too, but Wonderboy has paid his dues. Besides Magny already stepped up. I'm sure if Khamzat beats him as soundly as the rest of his opponents, he'll get a top 5 next, followed by a title shot.

WB is top5.
Khamzat is awesome but has to beat someone in the top10 to get to WB.
Exactly, not sure why this is so hard for so many to understand.

Yeah, Khamzat looks spectacular but never mind beating a top 10 to get to WB, he needs to get at least 1 top 20 WW win before his name is even in the discussion for a top 5 opponent.

How many guys have we seen look like world beaters against unranked opponents only to get stopped in their tracks by jumping straight from an unranked win to a top 10 opponent because of the UFC looking to fast track a potential future star only to result in that fighters hype being killed by making to big a jump to fast of the years.

Though it has also worked out a few times but it's a big gamble for both the fighter trying to ride the wave and become a star and the UFC trying to fast track the process.

I wouldn't take that fight yet if I was WB.

He took that chance against Till when Till was on the rise, and got handed a rough decision loss.

Why make the same mistake again against a guy who isn't ranked?

Yeah, sure. Yet Wonderboy fought Pettis, who was unranked at WW and made his UFC debut in that weight class. Not only that, but he also lost.

Why fight a guy who’s unranked and has one welterweight win over a lightweight, it’s nonsense. He hasn’t even beat a perry level fighter.

Chimaev is more popular and has more hype than most ranked WWs thats the funny part lol

Wonderboy beating him would do more for his hype and brand than beating 95% of ranked WWs right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back