The way to beat Isreal is the same way to beat prime Silva

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Isreal's storyline seems similar to Silva's MW run

- Both are amazing strikers in a division that lacks an elite superior wrestler/grappler

Izzy will dominate in spectacular fashion until his version of Sonnen/Weidman rolls around and pins him to the cage and mat. Expect Izzy to win in spectacular fashion for years to come until that guy shows up

The second best MW behind Silva

Edit: Costa got dropped by Urijah Hall with a jab. Izzy was bound to fuck him up
I ve said it for months, adesanya is an elite world class kick boxer, costa is a grappler converted to striking. People who thought costa had a chance are either bias, or have no clue about Martial arts skills.

The difference is that izzy has way better range weapons, he could actually pick his opponent apart with his leg kicks and body kicks from the outside.

Anderson is pure counter striker. while izzy is more of a Jon Jones type of striker, with good counter striking ability

I ve said it for months, adesanya is an elite world class kick boxer, costa is a grappler converted to striking. People who thought costa had a chance are either bias, or have no clue about Martial arts skills.
agreed

I ran with it a couple times to joke around w the Natty GOAT and because I wanted Costa to win

But, I've always been a huge Adesanya fan. And one of the reasons why I joined the site.

And as I've said many times, Adensanya wins the Costa matchup

Bisping had a good technique against the spider. Kept making him guess with feints.
This was lacking in Costas gameplan. He was static and has relied upon his great physical prowess too much.

There are 2 more fights for Izzy at 185 and Khamzat (if he is still around)
Then the division is clean and he can go to LHW>

The problem is there aren’t any really great wrestlers in the division that are elite and could give Izzy trouble. I agree with you, my idea of a hard matchup for Adesanya would be like a prime Weidman or maybe even a prime Chael that fought Anderson. Maybe a prime Rockhold too. Big strong MWs that can wrestle and have great top control. The only way somebody in the division is beating him right now is dealing damage and trying to pick up where Kelvin couldn’t finish. The only guy I can see maybe having a chance at that is Cannonier, but after tonight I’m not doubting Adesanya against any MW in the world until further notice.

Edit: Jack Hermanson could make things interesting against Izzy if he can create some scrambles and work his grappling. Look for subs. I see that fight most likely going like his fight with Cannonier though. We’ll see how Khamzat comes along too because that’s another potential future foe as well with an interesting skill set.

Last edited:
If you don't think Costa has the tools to trouble and give Adesanya problems, then I don't know what to say

Costa has dangerous combinations, a high pace, attacks all three levels and is one of the best pressure fighters in the UFC

Yes, Adesanya disposed of him with ease, but that doesn't mean Costa isn't a very legit win for Adesanya given his skill-set.

Back