Was Zabaira scared of Hakeem?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It looked like he pulled a Kalib Starnes in the 3rd round.
He did absolutely nothing in that entire round.

I hate it when fighters don't fight for the win. Zabaira took his foot off the pedal in the 3rd. If it'd been a Pride fight he would have been yellow carded so there's merit for a 10-8 round in the UFC. He lost the fight because of that tactical error.

he was clearly gassed and his leg was probably completely fucked

Pretty much. I think he felt if he kept taking shots he could be TKO'd so preferred to just avoid and save face. Might have been hoping he won the first 2 aswell.

I suspect he thought he might have the first two rounds in the bag and decided to cruise the last one.

One fucking judge even agreed with that nonsense. He had the first but lost 2 and was an embarassment in the third.

No heart. Was hoping he had won the first two. Bring back the god damned yellow cards

As he should have. I'd have a real problem with a guy being 4 pounds overweight and then breezing through his fight like nothing. It would show he was just cheating which I'd like to think isn't the case.

Gassed and possibly injured.

Also prob thought he was up by 2 rounds.

is normal for that camp, they shoot themselves in the foot trying to get that size advantage.

because its easier than learning how to fight.

he would of been better off spamming desperation takedowns.

he had gas to dance around and run. he must of figured he had two rounds in the bank,

glad he got called out for it, lets fuckin fight!! and i'm glad he lost.

perfect example of why the 10-9 scoring system needs to be revised

I think he thought he had the first two locked up. Pretty dumb. Zuba clearly won the 1st and Hakeem obviously won the 3rd and the 2nd was close as hell.

So yeah, his own fault for just skating in the 3rd.

missed weight, fought like a pussy, totally not deserved to be in Khabib's squad.

Back