Is this the biggest fight the UFC can make at the moment? (Izzy vs Costa)

This is the fight we’ve waited our entire lives for - Mike Goldberg

I think it might be, aside from potential Stipecic vs Jones

I think Khabib vs Gaethje has bigger name value but I'm just as excited for Izzy vs Costa because on paper, it's a more competitive fight. And if you look at my avatar you could probably take a pretty good guess at my favorite fighter.

Fuck no...

Khamzat for the WW title fight and the MW title will be the biggest UFC fights of all times

Any combo of Nate, Mas, Conor and Khabib would probably outsell Izzy/Costa. Even if they fought no names on their own... except for maybe Mas, I think he still needs a dancing partner that's still somewhat known or has a belt. And for sure GSP or Brock vs anyone would be bigger still.

Jones vs Stipe would be bigger as well, maybe Jones vs Francis as well.

While Conor's nut huggers would buy his fight if it was with a pillow I think everyone else is over his crap and don't want to see him do the tappy tap again.

Jones at HW would be big along with Khabib again, because after Justin it would be Chandler. If he beats those two should be brought a horse cage side so he can actually ride off into the sunset

It would've been Masdival vs McGregor before Masdival lost to Usman.

Maybe Jon vs Stipe, maybe.

GSP vs McGregor/Khabib. The issue is if GSP actually does beat Khabib and he just dumps the title after he leaves the UFC screwed with no champion. Actually right now would be a good time for GSP vs McGregor. Two needle movers whose participation doesn't screw with the rankings.

If it is then the UFC might as well pack it in.

It’s definitely top 5, others that will get me pumped as following;
Nick Diaz vs Masvidal
Nate vs Conor
Khabib vs Justin
Izzy vs Till
Jones moving to HW

Idk about biggest but I think on paper it’s the highest quality fight they can give us right now all things considered.

I’m more interested in Khabib v Gaethje myself, which is absolutely not a knock on this fight tomorrow.

So I would say no.

I think Jones v Stipe would be bigger.

Back