Another region that is identical to the Caucasus is the Balkans alot of potential

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
The region that reminds me about the caucasus is the Balkans cause the people are very athletic, tall and strong similar to the caucasus and the mentality is also similar.

There is alot of sporting activities in the Balkans but for whatever reasons MMA has not been on their radar as of yet. The only prospects we have seen from that region are Crocop and Miocic while that is very few MMA practitioners and I wouldn't even say that Crocop and Miocic are the best that region has to offer. I would rate Crocop average in comparison to what the Balkan can offer while Miocic is above average.

If MMA is properly introduced to the Balkans (Bosniaks, Croatians, Albanians, Montenegrins and Serbians) we will see alot of talent and many MMA prospects

Last edited:
I agree with your post that there's a lot of potential athletes there (Croatia was 2nd in World Cup, and lots of top tennis and basketball players from that region), but to say Cro Cop is about average?
oq9Bdz.gif

I agree with your post that there's a lot of potential athletes there (Croatia was 2nd in World Cup, and lots of top tennis and basketball players from that region), but to say Cro Cop is about average?
oq9Bdz.gif

His a tough SOB but I believe there are tougher out there. A Zlatko or a Drago even the names sound violent I mean who even names their kids dragon

Last edited:
If Mirko isn't the best the region has to offer I don't know. Dude became a legit top 5 all time HW within two years of MMA experience.

Mirsad was supposed to put Bosnia on the map when it comes to MMA but things dont seem to pan out as of right now. I remember a few Bosnians and Serbians being in the UFC but noone sticking out.

Mirsad was supposed to put Bosnia on the map when it comes to MMA but things dont seem to pan out as of right now. I remember a few Bosnians and Serbians being in the UFC but noone sticking out.

There is few practitioners and the right talent didn't come thru amongst them except Crocop and Miocic because they are more into football, Tennis, and Handball so all the talent goes to these sports but not MMA. Parents enlist their kids to football clubs, Tennis or Handball not wrestling or MMA

The are few practitioners and the right talent didn't come thru amongst them except Crocop and Miocic because there are more into football, Tennis, and Handball so all the talent goes to these sports but not MMA
Redzovic BJJ is very highly respected in the grappling world. I believe these guys are pushing BJJ a lot in Bosnia so we might see some really talented grapplers the next few years.

Balkan people are naturally big and strong and have high athletic potential, but they're not really good fighters. They don't have a strong base in martial arts like the Caucasus (and America) has with wrestling, Thailand has with MT, Mexico has with boxing, Holland has with kickboxing, etc. Definitely don't see the Balkans ever becoming one of MMA's influential regions. Also since no one has kids over there, not a lot of young people to choose from.

i dont see it. more suitable for basketball

Balkan people are naturally big and strong and have high athletic potential, but they're not really good fighters. They don't have a strong base in martial arts like the Caucasus (and America) has with wrestling, Thailand has with MT, Mexico has with boxing, Holland has with kickboxing, etc. Definitely don't see the Balkans ever becoming one of MMA's influential regions. Also since no one has kids over there, not a lot of young people to choose from.

I agree with you and I have already touched upon it there is no martial arts connection such as wrestling or other martial arts but they are more into Football, Tennis or Handball. They produce great athletes but as for being fighters they have the mentality just not the base for it as martial arts is not widely practiced like some of the countries you mentioned but you would find football clubs everywhere. If MMA is properly introduced we could see without doubt alot of talent from that region

I agree with you and I have already touched upon it there is no martial arts connection such as wrestling or other martial arts but they are more into Football, Tennis or Handball. They produce great athletes but as for being fighters they have the mentality just not the base for it as martial arts is not widely practiced like some of the countries who mentioned but you would find football clubs everywhere. If MMA is properly introduced we couldn't see without doubt alot of talent from that region

If they suddenly started caring, yes. Very genetically gifted people from a physicality standpoint.

Those people are raised in hate, they are like iron that just keeps getting beaten and beaten and doesn’t break. It’s not about how hard you can hit, it’s about how he’s you can get hit and keep on coming forward.

If you count Miocic, then you have to count Miletich too for Croatia : first ever UFC WW champion, four defences and had arguably the most dominant team in the UFC of the 00's. Being a good 6'1 and having travelled a lot, Croatia is also the only place I've been, with the Netherlands, where I didn't feel taller than the average person.

Back