A LIST OF CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENTS FROM UFC FIGHTERS AND THE PUNISHMENT

doherty

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I thought I would list a bunch of controversial quotes from UFC fighters in the past and their punishment to highlight not only the inconsistency, but to challenge Dana’s claim that fighters are allowed to say whatever they want off the back of Colby's controversial insult to Usman.

QUOTE from the official UFC code of conduct policy:

“Discipline maybe imposed for misconduct, which includes without limitations the following examples:

Derogatory or offensive conduct, including symbols or actions about a persons ethnic background, heritage, color, race, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation”

“If rape vans were called surprise vans more people would get in them” - Miguel Torres (PUNISHMENT: fired)

(To Phil Davis) “I’m gonna put them hands on you worse than that dude did to them kids up at Penn state” - Rashad Evans (PUNISHMENT: publicly blasted by White)

(To Khabib) “your wife is a towel mate” “You backwards cunt imitates Arabic greeting (in response to Khabib telling a reporter not to greet him in Arabic and then congratulate someone for whiskey) - Conor McGregor (PUNISHMENT: Nothing)

(To Denis Siver, who is a German mixed martial artist) “Kiss them feet, Nazi” (PUNISHMENT: Nothing)

(To Daniel Cormier) “How are you gonna give up weight and then fight like a f*g?” - Donald Cerrone (PUNISHMENT: UFC Condemns and issues statement)

(To Hyun Gyu Lim, who is Asian) “He can’t even open his eyes” - Alex Nicholson (PUNISHMENT: UFC condemns and issues statement)

(To Weili Zhang who is Chinese ) (sorry if spelled incorrectly) Joanna Jedrzejczyk mocks with a racist photoshopped fight poster of herself wearing a mask referring to the coronavirus PUNISHMENT: Nothing

(To Anderson Silva) “It's a lot like America. You know, when I was a little kid, I remember going outside and sitting around with my friends. We'd talk about the latest technology and medicine and gaming and American ingenuity. And I would look outside and Anderson and the Brazilian kids are sitting outside playing in the mud.” - Chael Sonnen PUNISHMENT: Nothing

(To Kamaru Usman) “Did you get a call from your little tribe? Did they set out some smoke signals for you” - Colby Covington PUNISHMENT: Nothing

(To Fallon Fox, a transgender MMA fighter) “That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak. And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That's disgusting. You should be embarrassed yourself.” - Matt Mitrione PUNISHMENT - UFC condemns and issues statement

UPDATE: Submitted additional quotes:

(to Bryan Caraway after he gleefully accepted the bonus money Pat Healy lost failing a drug test for weed) "That guy is the biggest f*g in the world" - Nate Diaz (PUNISHMENT: Suspended, UFC condemns and issues statement)

(to Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate) "one riding my dick, one sucking my toes" - Conor McGregor (PUNISHMENT: Nothing, though Dana claims Conor was going to be fired for this but Joe Silva talked him out of it)

(to Paulo Costa) "I'll touch him even times and eventually he'll crumble like the Twin Towers" - Israel Adesanya (PUNISHMENT: Nothing)

(to Khabib) "Thanks for setting us back 15 years, sheepfucker" - Colby Covington (PUNISHMENT: Nothing from UFC, two-week ban from Twitter)

(to Amanda Nunes) "I will send her back to the jungle" - Valentina Shevchenko (PUNISHMENT: Nothing)

(to Struve) "He's a f*g" - Sean McCorkle (PUNISHMENT: Nothing, unless you count the embarrassing loss)

Note: I posted this so people can discuss whether there is a double standard, not to incite fights and arguments. If I missed any please comment down below

Last edited:
I thought I would list a bunch of controversial quotes from UFC fighters in the past and their punishment to highlight not only the inconsistency, but to challenge Dana’s claim that fighters are allowed to say whatever they want off the back of Colby's controversial insult to Usman.

QUOTE from the official UFC code of conduct policy:

“Discipline maybe imposed for misconduct, which includes without limitations the following examples:

Derogatory or offensive conduct, including symbols or actions about a persons ethnic background, heritage, color, race, national origin, age, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation”

“If rape vans were called surprise vans more people would get in them” - Miguel Torres (PUNISHMENT: fired)

(To Phil Davis) “I’m gonna put them hands on you worse than that dude did to them kids up at Penn state” - Rashad Evans (PUNISHMENT: publicly blasted by White)

(To Khabib) “your wife is a towel mate” “You backwards cunt imitates Arabic greeting (in response to Khabib telling a reporter not to greet him in Arabic and then congratulate someone for whiskey) - Conor McGregor (PUNISHMENT: Nothing)

(To Denis Siver, who is a German mixed martial artist) “Kiss them feet, Nazi” (PUNISHMENT: Nothing)

(To Daniel Cormier) “How are you gonna give up weight and then fight like a f*g?” - Donald Cerrone (PUNISHMENT: UFC Condemns and issues statement)

(To Hyun Gyu Lim, who is Asian) “He can’t even open his eyes” - Alex Nicholson (PUNISHMENT: UFC condemns and issues statement)

(To Weili Zhang who is Chinese ) (sorry if spelled incorrectly) Joanna Jedrzejczyk mocks with a racist photoshopped fight poster of herself wearing a mask referring to the coronavirus PUNISHMENT: Nothing

(To Anderson Silva) “It's a lot like America. You know, when I was a little kid, I remember going outside and sitting around with my friends. We'd talk about the latest technology and medicine and gaming and American ingenuity. And I would look outside and Anderson and the Brazilian kids are sitting outside playing in the mud.” - Chael Sonnen PUNISHMENT: Nothing

(To Kamaru Usman) “Did you get a call from your little tribe? Did they set out some smoke signals for you” - Colby Covington PUNISHMENT: Nothing

(To Fallon Fox, a transgender MMA fighter) “That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak. And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That's disgusting. You should be embarrassed yourself.” - Matt Mitrione PUNISHMENT - UFC condemns and issues statement

Note: I posted this so people can discuss whether there is a double standard, not to incite fights and arguments. If I missed any please comment down below
One you didn’t mention was when Conor was overheard calling Artem’s opponent a f***ot after Artem lost. He was forced to apologize. I kind of wonder if the apology he issued during the Mayweather lead up was forced by Dana as well.
The common theme from the bulk of these is don’t make homophobic or overtly racist comments that affect the company’s bottom line.

Is the Colby from after the Woodly fight? What was the context?

(to Bryan Caraway after he gleefully accepted the bonus money Pat Healy lost failing a drug test for weed) "That guy is the biggest :eek::eek::eek: in the world" - Nate Diaz (PUNISHMENT: Suspended, UFC condemns and issues statement)

(to Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate) "one riding my dick, one sucking my toes" - Conor McGregor (PUNISHMENT: Nothing, though Dana claims Conor was going to be fired for this but Joe Silva talked him out of it)

(to Yoel Romero) "I'll touch him enough times and eventually he'll crumble like the Twin Towers" - Israel Adesanya (PUNISHMENT: Nothing)

Last edited:
MMA is a sport for alphas that is super beta most of the time.

Back