If Paulo comes out headhunting then he'll get a R1 KO...

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Izzy's most likely scenario at winning is if Paulo paces himself and tries to finesse w/ him...in this scenario I can see Izzy getting a judges decision. But I just don't Paulo doing that. I think he'll come out headhunting and baiting Izzy to brawl. He'll take the bait and probably go night night. It'll be completely different fight than Yoel's.

Israel Adesanya is a top-tier kickboxer. If Costa comes forward swinging with reckless abandon he will get countered and clipped. Look at how Bobby Knuckles got embarrassed with a similar game plan. That amateur level striking gameplay may work against a majority of MMA fighters, but not against someone of Izzy’s caliber.

Why would Adesanya take the bait though? I see him slipping, running away, and going back to the middle of the octagon.

If he does that he will get KOED in round 1.

Izzy leans his head in n out too much Costa should work the body early then follow up to the head after he lands some body shots

Izzy got knocked down by Gastelum and wobbled by the only clean shots Homero landed.

If Costa is able to land clean consistently, Adesanya is going to sleep.

Why would Adesanya take the bait though? I see him slipping, running away, and going back to the middle of the octagon.

Fear of losing a round. Paulo has a chin. I think he'll be willing to take his chances at headhunting knowing if he gets hit it'll be in a situation where Izzy will be moving backwards.

I dunno, maybe. But from memory, everything I've seen of Adesanya suggests he plays it cautious all the time.

Izzy's most likely scenario at winning is if Paulo paces himself and tries to finesse w/ him...in this scenario I can see Izzy getting a judges decision. But I just don't Paulo doing that. I think he'll come out headhunting and baiting Izzy to brawl. He'll take the bait and probably go night night. It'll be completely different fight than Yoel's.

......Or gets knocked down and TKO’ed in the first 10 seconds

Adesanya has a 66% strike defense according to UFC.com's stats. He is not easy to hit

Izzy isn’t gonna stand there and get koed, he Head kicks a gassed Costa in round 4.

Has Costa got even one KO strike in his resume? Man got muscle but no snap in his punches.
You have to be up against a fence to absorb his power. In the free you can just eat his slow shitty punches.
But be aware of his headkick! (a no go in this fight) I give him pretty much no chance at all against Adesanya, but I hope he knocks the fucker out!

Somehow we need to get him word of this.

Has Costa got even one KO strike in his resume? Man got muscle but no snap in his punches.
You have to be up against a fence to absorb his power. In the free you can just eat his slow shitty punches.
But be aware of his headkick! (a no go in this fight) I give him pretty much no chance at all against Adesanya, but I hope he knocks the fucker out!
Perhaps you're right, but its interesting how other MMA fighters keep talking about how loud it is when he hits pads.

Back