Media Adesanya: "Casuals. They’re the ones who pay your bills, the ones who really go buy this s---"

jeskola

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Adesanya knows on which side his his bread is buttered, and its not by all the Shercels that love to brag about their piracy on here. Confirmed Sherdogger?

“For my legacy, it’s just the look of it. People are still fooled by muscles and big juiceheads and think, ‘Ah! That’s what a fighter looks like!’ Especially the casuals. They’re the ones who pay your bills, the ones who really go buy this (expletive). Once they see this skinny clown, supposedly, beat this muscly buffoon and they’re like, ‘What? The skinny guy beat the muscly guy! How’d he do that?’ It’s gonna blow their minds, especially in the fashion that I’m gonna do it.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/09/ufc-253-israel-adesanya

Once they see this skinny clown, supposedly, beat this muscly buffoon and they’re like, ‘What? The skinny guy beat the muscly guy! How’d he do that?’ It’s gonna blow their minds, especially in the fashion that I’m gonna do it.”

A couple years late...

roycegracie1_crop_north.jpg

Sherdog accounts for 1% of fans and 0% of PPV buys.

LMAO, so true. I have never bought a PPV but have download all of them since 2006 or 2007. Why pay for it when you can just borrow it from friend is my view. I always give it back.

Adensanya isn't that skinny though, he ain't exactly a mountain of beef like Costa but the guy is by no means a beanpole
He's probably the skinniest guy I can think of from 170 and up. 155 and below there's a bunch of twigs like Luis Pena and Omalley and others

I am subscribed to a paid channel with all UFC events (+ other combat sport events) but he is probably correct. Casuals are more profitable because they use the PPV model.

He sounds insecure about his svelte physique. Always talking about how Costa is too muscular, and felt the Natty GOAT up when they met. Even skinny Jon Jones didn't have that problem

Lol. To be fair Izzy's hater invade his socials medias to call him skinny, lanklet and all these shit. Hard pass that.

He raises an interesting point which definitely conjures up flashbacks to Royce and the BJJ revolution.

Definitely rooting for him.

Swole vs skinny on deck!

Adesanya knows on which side his his bread is buttered, and its not by all the Shercels that love to brag about their piracy on here. Confirmed Sherdogger?

“For my legacy, it’s just the look of it. People are still fooled by muscles and big juiceheads and think, ‘Ah! That’s what a fighter looks like!’ Especially the casuals. They’re the ones who pay your bills, the ones who really go buy this (expletive). Once they see this skinny clown, supposedly, beat this muscly buffoon and they’re like, ‘What? The skinny guy beat the muscly guy! How’d he do that?’ It’s gonna blow their minds, especially in the fashion that I’m gonna do it.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/09/ufc-253-israel-adesanya
It's a trap! He's trying to get us to pay for his PPV by appealing to our vanity! Resist the urge!

People use the term "casual" as if its an insult. Never understood that. Somehow having a life that uses up time and interests other than MMA makes you eligible to gets labels? I'm relieved that I'm a casual. I know alcoholics that dont go out on New Years Eve because there are too many "amateurs" out and about......think about it....to be a "hardcore" isn't actually something to be proud of. Its like being proud of being a nerd. If I EVER can recite the number of take downs and takedown defenses in a guys career, PLEASE SHOOT ME!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back